Question

Activating a replacement SIM card from UK

• 9 January 2020
  • 2 replies

I managed to lose my SIM card and need a replacement. I see that I can obtain a replacement from Mint, and that’s great, but I am wondering if I will be able to activate it from outside the USA, specifically in the United Kingdom.  I note that one can buy International Roaming Credit, so this suggests it might be possible, but…

2 replies

From what I've read you have to be Stateside to activate an account, regardless if you purchase international roaming (even if you could do so without activating).

Userlevel 3

I managed to lose my SIM card and need a replacement. I see that I can obtain a replacement from Mint, and that’s great, but I am wondering if I will be able to activate it from outside the USA, specifically in the United Kingdom.  I note that one can buy International Roaming Credit, so this suggests it might be possible, but…

Hey! You can activate the replacement SIM card from the UK and purchase roaming credit from your account online, then, you’ll need to configure your device for the roaming to work. (not guaranteed) Thanks.