Question

Activation: Phone automatically uses my old carrier, will not switch to Mint

• 7 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

Just activated my Mint Mobile account and put in my sim card. I did all the APN settings etc. But when I’m in my Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Network > Choose Network my phone automatically still uses T-Mobile (my old carrier). When I manually choose Mint it will say it’s connected, then I’ll get a “No Service, Selected network (Mint) unavailable” so it will go back to T-Mobile. 

I assume this is because Mint is still in the stages of transferring my service but I wasn’t sure. I don’t want to assume it will all be good and then go out and not have any cell coverage.

I tried to log into my T-mobile account online and it won’t let me log in to confirm services are still active.

Thanks for any insight that can be provided. 

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hello all,

Just activated my Mint Mobile account and put in my sim card. I did all the APN settings etc. But when I’m in my Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Network > Choose Network my phone automatically still uses T-Mobile (my old carrier). When I manually choose Mint it will say it’s connected, then I’ll get a “No Service, Selected network (Mint) unavailable” so it will go back to T-Mobile. 

I assume this is because Mint is still in the stages of transferring my service but I wasn’t sure. I don’t want to assume it will all be good and then go out and not have any cell coverage.

I tried to log into my T-mobile account online and it won’t let me log in to confirm services are still active.

Thanks for any insight that can be provided. 

Hello, please note that since we work under the T-Mobile towers, it may appear like that, however, if you have purchased your device from them, that’s another reason. Can you please send us a DM with your phone number to review your account? Thanks.