Question

Cannot send or receive SMS. Will not connect to mobile network

• 17 September 2020
  • 3 replies

We just activated a SIM in a Galaxy Note 10. Data is working great and you can make phone calls. But if you are not actively making a phone call, it does not connect to the mobile network. Therefore, we cannot send or receive texts. The phone signal gives a “do not enter” sign anytime a phone call is not being made. Please help.

3 replies

Userlevel 3

We just activated a SIM in a Galaxy Note 10. Data is working great and you can make phone calls. But if you are not actively making a phone call, it does not connect to the mobile network. Therefore, we cannot send or receive texts. The phone signal gives a “do not enter” sign anytime a phone call is not being made. Please help.

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are having services issues. I’ve sent you a DM requesting some information to review the case for you. Thanks.

I signed up last Sunday. Worked great until yesterday morning. I’m in Ventura County CA.  Now data doesn’t work. It says 4G LTE on the screen, but nothing. I listened to IHeart radio in the morning on the way to work, and then it stopped….first no picture messages...then, no data period. I’ve called 5 times now. It was elevated up to the top level last night. Today, when I called again, they told me there were no issues in my area. I explained I’ve tried the sim in 3 phones. SAME PROBLEM IN ALL PHONES. Just put in a NEW SIMM, and set it up, Transfered my number fine…. No go, NO DATA.

Put in a new Trial simm. Set it up with wife’s name. Got NEW phone number. Nope No data. ALSO, the instruction (not that it mattered) were different in the APN setup…..It said port 8080, Not MMSPort 8080 like in the online mint setup info.

Anyways...no data….This sucks. Mint is acting like there is nothing else they can do….I’ll let it go till I can get a new Cricket sim card and I’ll go back to them. They Chirp...but they work. ...and of course I’ll have my Credit card Co. reverse the charge.  Ticks me off too...The signal was really good most everywhere I used it the first 4 days. Last chance to help me… Thanks, Joel

Hey, it’s a miracle….after 2 days of no data, and being told there is no issues in my area...I wake up and it suddenly works. Lets see if it continues…….I guess the fox finally got involved….yeah, that’s it! 

Crazy like a Fox !