Question

No Service

• 13 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have my SIM card in, and my carrier says Mint and activation is compleated.
1-I still have no service, and the litte fox chat is not helpfull.

I also bought the 3 month trial fofr $20.00 and it is still promoting me to make a plan purchese. Not thrilled right now and getfting very frustreated.

4 replies

We bought 3 SIM cards. Two worked perfectly. The third one still won't work after more than 72 hours. I am on terminal hold with tech support. CS transferred me and there hasn't been a human on the phone or any kind of update in over half an hour. We're getting ready to have a hurricane, so I'm tempted to call it quits on the 3rd phone and go back to my old carrier. Such a shame. it seems to either be great or horrible. There isn't a middle ground.

UPDATE: So, persistence paid off. I waited about 45 minutes to get through to technical support, but once I got there, the person seemed to know what he was doing and I'm hopeful to get everything transferred soon. He said that for some reason this 3rd number did not port automatically like the other two did, so they will have to do a manual port. I now have a case number, his agent number and name, and if I have any questions, I can call CS and be transferred directly to him. Plus, it is a weekend, so they only have a skeleton crew on tech support on the weekends. He said he would be calling me later in the day with an update to the callback number I gave him. I think Mint is a small company with a big job and that is what is causing some of these issues.
Have had the same problems.
Customer service sucks and takes a long time for them to answer.
Pretty sure I will quit at the end of the trial, if not sooner.

Sooner is looking better all the time.
I have my SIM card in, and my carrier says Mint and activation is compleated.
1-I still have no service, and the litte fox chat is not helpfull.

How did you activate your SIM card? Using the app for activation is known to be problematic (and useless for trial use). The three times I've activated my SIM cards, the app was a waste of time, but doing it on their website worked.
I also failed to receive service when my activation was complete. The Fox helper told me to turn my phone off for a minute then turn it back on and this enabled it to reset. Had service for a brief moment then it went off so I toggled he airplane mode and it went into search mode to find the cell tower. It works as long as I am outside of my home but the moment I am inside I lose the signal so I turned on my wifi calling and at least able to send and receive calls in my house.