Question

Previously activated SIM no longer works on iPhone X

• 13 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I’m getting SIM not supported error message after having to restore my iPhone X. 

The only SIM that works is an old AT&T one (my original provider years ago, since unlocked, and this isn’t even my AT&T SIM). 

Any idea what to do? 

2 replies

I found the answer so I’ll share with you all. 

If for some reason you accidentally report a phone lost or remotely erase your iPhone, when you get it “unlocked” (it’s the term but not the same as carrier locking) it may be restored to the original settings. Depending on the original carrier, this will mean you’re carrier locked. AT&T will always be relocked, Verizon some of the time. 

Once this happens, you’ll have to wait until the IMEI is back in the carrier’s system. For me and AT&T it was over 24 house. After in their system, you’ll be able to use the carrier’s unlock page. That’s a good thing because once I used AT&T’s self unlock page, I was unlocked within 30 minutes!

Userlevel 3

I’m getting SIM not supported error message after having to restore my iPhone X. 

The only SIM that works is an old AT&T one (my original provider years ago, since unlocked, and this isn’t even my AT&T SIM). 

Any idea what to do? 

Hey Chris! I am sorry to hear you are unable to use the services. Please send me a DM with your phone number to review your account. Thanks.