Question

Sim card activation and phone number port-in process last more than 10 days, any solutions?

Hello, I am really disappointed and frustrated because of the Mint Mobile support and customer service. I cannot activate my sim card and transfer my old number for more than 10 days because of some error in the Mint Mobile system. I've made many calls to the support, many emails also, but they seem to be inexperienced with this case and nobody was able to provide me with a real solution.

By the way, my old was released by my old carrier and now it is in possession of Mint Mobile, but guess what? The sim card is still not active. So I am without any mobile service at the moment.

I think the problem is that I am a returning customer to Mint Mobile and I've used that number before with Mint Mobile, but the guy from the support told me that it will not be a problem since there is more than 1 month passed after my returning to Mint Mobile. I believe that my old account with the same numbers still exists in the database with the username of my old number and when the system tries to make an account for me it gives an error cos that user already exists. I don't know how to contact someone from the software department of Mint Mobile. I escalated the case with the technical team but there is no answer from them. When I try to activate my sim on the website it gives me this message:

We're sorry

We experienced an unexpected error. Please try again. If you continue to experience issues please call customer support at https://tel:+12133727777

Any suggestions and solutions for this problem?

Thanks

4 replies

I get the same message "We're sorry
We experienced an unexpected error. Please try again. If you continue to experience issues please call customer support at 213-372-7777" when I try to activate a bonus SIM (one of 3 that came in the starter pack). I managed to activate the main SIM in the starter pack without problems.
When I called 213-372-7777 the first few times, I just heard a recorded message "the call cannot be completed as dialed" or something like that. At last I got through to customer service with 1 213-372-7777. They activated the bonus SIM.
I have the same problem, my phone was listed under Mint Mobile on 12/22/2018. Can not call in or out. Now its more then 20 days, still not working. None stop calling Mint customer service, they don't know. Just cannot believe a simple process can take this long and no ending.
mngu88 wrote:

I have the same problem, my phone was listed under Mint Mobile on 12/22/2018. Can not call in or out. Now its more then 20 days, still not working. None stop calling Mint customer service, they don't know. Just cannot believe a simple process can take this long and no ending.

Tell them to escalate the case to the technical support. I did it and they fixed the problem by themselves in about 5-6 days.
23 days ago and no answer! Mint Mobile probably has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with, & that even includes Time Warner Cable! My credit card was just changed for the next 3 months. At first my text didn't go through. Then I couldn't call the chiropractor because I had no phone service! The robohelp on th start page is no help at all! I felt as if I were talking to someone who didn't speak English. But it did inform me that I could wait up to 48 hours for an email reply. I just added on to an old Twitter DM from the last time I had problems (no phone or data outside of wifi. 4 different settings. Eventually the last one work eventually worked, though not right away. Not a mention of extending the data I was unable to use during this period). It's been an hour and no reply. I'm like anyone, will deal with the status quo if it rights the wrongs quickly. But I'm a responseless hour away from signing up for Google Fi & disallowing the charge (for something I'm not getting and actually didn't get much of the time in the 1st 3 months, even though the map shows I should).