Question

Sim not supported 5s

• 1 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I have a 6s which works fine with the Mint sim card.
But, I want to downgrade to my 5s. Mints site says it’s compatible with this phone.
But, when I put the sim card in it the phone says the sim is not supported.
When I take the sim card out and check the “About” section  it does set the network as Mint mobile.
I’ve tried resetting everything and even setting it up as a brand new cellphone.

I can not click on “cellular” with the sim card out as it’s faded

and when the sim card is in, it’s locked on that “Sim not supported” screen

The 5s was purchased over a year go from walmart on a pay as you go network and every check I have done does say it’s unlocked.

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello,

But, I want to downgrade to my 5s. Mints site says it’s compatible with this phone.
When I take the sim card out and check the “About” section  it does set the network as Mint mobile.
I’ve tried resetting everything and even setting it up as a brand new cellphone.

The 5s was purchased over a year go from walmart on a pay as you go network and every check I have done does say it’s unlocked.

Hi, I’m sorry to hear that you are having a service issue. I’ve sent you a DM to assist you as soon as possible.

activated earlier today.             i have an iphone se with the same issue been trying to figure it out for awhile now just keeps saying sim not supported I checked under carrier and it says ultra/mint mobile 41.0.Then i put sim back in then it says sim not supported. 

Hello,

Hi, I’m sorry to hear that you are having a service issue. I’ve sent you a DM to assist you as soon as possible.

EDIT: Never mind I found the link in my E mail Thank you! :)

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have an iphone SE that I bought a couple years ago and I am getting the SIM is not supported error. I have already ported my number from Boost. Please help.

Userlevel 3

Hello,

I have the same issue. I have an iphone SE that I bought a couple years ago and I am getting the SIM is not supported error. I have already ported my number from Boost. Please help.

Hi, I’ve sent you a DM requesting some information to review your case.