Question

SIM Not Supported Fix?

• 31 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I've recently decided to switch over to Mint Mobile from my previous provider, Straight Talk.

However, I've run into a problem when trying to activate the SIM Card, it pops up as "SIM not supported".

I have an iPhone 8 plus, Model A1897, and was able to use Straight Talk services for 14 months with no problem. Not sure this will help, but prior to me using the phone, I acquired it 3rd party from someone who was an AT&T customer.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before? And, more importantly, how can we fix it?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hello,

Can you double check and make sure that the device is unlocked? Also, do you have another GSM phone you can try the SIM in? This will help us decide if the problem is the device or SIM card.

Thanks,
Mint Mobile Support
Hello,

Can you double check and make sure that the device is unlocked? Also, do you have another GSM phone you can try the SIM in? This will help us decide if the problem is the device or SIM card.

Thanks,
Mint Mobile Support

I am facing same problem on an old iPhone 5 that was unlocked by Sprint in past after completing 2-years contract. Kindly check the attached snapshot and advise some solution. It seems Mint Mobile needs to work with Sprint to make it work.

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hello,

It looks like your device is still locked to Sprint. You will need to take it to sprint and have them unlock the device. LEt us know if you have any other questions..