Solved

Trying to get my phone to work with MintMobile SIM

• 12 May 2018
  • 6 replies

Did start a support case, as well, but I'd like to get this going ASAP:

Got an Android phone, a Citrine ZTE, and before I signed up for the 1year plan, I checked the IMEI, and verified that I had unlocked it.

Activated my SIM today, and my phone starts up with a 'no service' and 'this SIM is from an unknown source.'

Went into settings/mobile networks. Don't have control of 2Gvs4G, but I do have an Access Point Names selection.

Create the 'Ultra" APN and save. As long as I don't try and change the APN type, I can save, and pick. If I change the APN type, and click 'save', I exit to a blank list of APNs, and I have to recreate 'Ultra'.

Without changing the APN type to default,supl,mms, No matter how many times I restart, with or without my card, I still have no service.

I also have some more choices:

I have APN protocol, APN roaming protocol, APN enable/disable (all 3 are greyed out)

I have MVNO type (set to none, choices are none, SPN, IMSI, GID

I have MVNO value, greyed out currently.

Help, I really, really need a working phone.

Thanks,
Rich
icon

Best answer by RoyceWashington 16 May 2018, 19:28

Hi Rich,

Oh no, sorry to hear the device wasn't unlocked properly and you are correct - CDMA devices will not work on our network and should be GSM-network unlocked devices. Hope you'll be able to unlock the device if not, you can reference www.willmyphonework.net if purchasing a new device to double check. Once there, enter your phone’s brand and model, U.S. for country and, under “Carrier,” choose our partner company, Ultra Mobile.

Regards,
Mint Mobile Support
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi there,

What is the support ticket case that you have opened so we can further review?

Regards,
Mint Mobile
Hi,

It's case 2441693, and it appears that the problem is that my phone wasn't properly unlocked, as it's having the same problem with any SIM that's not TracFone's. I'm opening a case with them as well.

Thanks,
Rich
Aaaaand Tracfone says I have a CDMA phone, and that's why it's not accepting the SIM. Joy.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi Rich,

Oh no, sorry to hear the device wasn't unlocked properly and you are correct - CDMA devices will not work on our network and should be GSM-network unlocked devices. Hope you'll be able to unlock the device if not, you can reference www.willmyphonework.net if purchasing a new device to double check. Once there, enter your phone’s brand and model, U.S. for country and, under “Carrier,” choose our partner company, Ultra Mobile.

Regards,
Mint Mobile Support
Try buying a seocnd hand GSM phone! Can't cost too much. I just traded in my ZTE Z995A for $17 to BuyBackWorld after buying a new Sony Xperia xa2 Ultra. The ZTE was working just fine on Mint's network but I wanted a better camera and a little better performance.
Took langerking's advice, and got a new unlocked LG Aristo 2. Love this thing. Thanks, y'all!