Buy 3 Months, Get 3 Free - Your Questions, Our Answers

• 5 August 2019
  • 23 replies
Buy 3 Months, Get 3 Free - Your Questions, Our Answers
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks everyone who has taken advantage of our Buy 3 Months, Get 3 Free promo. It’s the best deal in wireless! We are seeing some questions about when the free three months will be applied, and how to know when it’s applied to your account. We can answer that for you.

I just activated my account, but I can’t see my 3 free months?
Don’t worry, it's coming. Your 3 free months will be applied to your account within 24 hours after activation. You will see this as ‘Next Plan’ in your home screen of Account Management.

Where can I see that my free 3-month has been applied to my account?
In Account Management, on your home screen. It will show a 3 month 8GB plan as your ‘Next Plan’ with Recharge Paid. This means that at the end of your first 3 months you will automatically move into another 3 month 8GB plan. You can also check that the credit has been applied by looking in Transaction History, you will see a line item for ‘B3G3 promo credit.

What if the credit is visible on the app and not the website, or vice-versa?
If you're seeing the credit on either the app or the website, then you're good to go. Our system may be synching - you'll soon be able to view the credit on both platforms.

What should I do if the credit isn't applied in online Account Management or the Mint Mobile app within 24 hours?
Contact our customer service team by calling 213-372-7777 or emailing, support@mintmobile.com.

How much will I pay after the 6 months are over?
You can choose any of our 3, 6 or 12 month plans and choose the gigabytes that you need per month. Our plans start for as low as $15/month for a 12-month 3GB plan.

23 replies

I activated on the 6th. Still no promo credit after 9 days.

I'm a new Mint customer who purchased a sim card and 3 month 8GB plan under the B3G3 promo. My plan was activated on Sept 6 within the promo window.

The promo has not been applied to my account after 9 days. In reference to the pictures in the original post, the $105 "Buy 3 Get 3 Promo Credit" does not appear in my transaction history, and "Recharge Paid" appears as "Auto Recharge: On" in my account page.

Following the direction of the original post, five days ago I contacted customer support via email, and I received two automated replies. One contained a confirmation number and stated that they're working on it, and the other contained a ticket number and asked for more information. I have not heard back after submitting the additional information.

Today, I called customer support and spoke with a representative. Unlike RyanJ above this post, I was not told that the credit is visible on her side. However, I was told that the credit should automatically apply at the time of renewal. Customer service then said to call and ask for the 3 month credit if it is not applied.

Is there any way to go ahead and have the credit applied to my account? Taking a "wait and see" approach towards a promo that led me to switch providers feels dishonest.
Thanks!

I purchased the B3G3 plan back in early August. By the end of the first 3 months, I have received pretty much daily messages saying that my plan will be over, BUT I can renew for 12 more months and get a total rate of 11.25/mo. However, it doesn’t clearly say you’ll be giving up on your 3 free months to get this deal. To make things worse, that will be tax and “recovery regulatory fee” of $17.75 included. So you’re giving up free 3 months, and paying $152.75 (+ tax) for the next 12 months, which makes it $12.72/mo (tax not included). So basically you overpaid the first 3 months (because you won’t get your free 3 months), and now you’re paying a “recovery” fee that makes the deal more expensive than it should be. The renewal fee of this plan is considerably more expensive ($240 without taxes) and we cannot know for sure if there will be “recovery fees” on top of that.

I think Mint has a very friendly approach, but this kind of inconsistency scares clients away.

I activated my service 48 hours ago.
Mine says 'Auto Recharge: On' but the agent at call service center told me that she can see the G3 credit on her side.
I'm leaving this comment for other people's reference and also for the record.
THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF SHIT THEY DONT DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU THEY WOULD DO THEY JUST SAY WHAYOU WANT TO HEAR LIKE ATT WATCH OUT EVERYONE THIS IS THE NEW ATT RIPOFF
This company is not honest. Bought the Buy3 Get 3 SIM Kit. But never received the FREE 3 Months credit. I called Customer Service numerous times and they told me that the 3 months free credit will be applied to my account after 24 hours. But still NO CREDIT!!! Emailed CS was a joke. I sent 5 different emails and no one bothered to reply. One person eventually did reply and asked for my receipt, once I sent him the receipt, he completely ignored me. Very bad customer support!!! Nothing gets resolved!! I will be finding another carrier once my 3 month service is up!!!!
No, it is not visible in the transaction history.

Finally got my 3 month free credit as of yesterday.

If you haven’t received this credit, you need to keep contacting Mint Mobile’s Customer Service. DO NOT GIVE UP!!! I called at least four times and emailed them 5 times but eventually it got resolved.

I have to say their CS is definitely not the best and it took a lot of time and effort on my end to get the credit, which it shouldn’t be the case in the first place. 

I’ve been contacting them and submitting for them to return my messages through the chat, totally useless, I signed up now 2.5 months ago for the buy 3 get 3 promo using the card that came with the iPhone and still havn’t gotten the Buy 3 Get 3. Hope you don’t believe they will really honor this promo. Now my 3 months is almost over and I’ll have to do something, should I just cancel and maybe re-order service or something?

i bought the 3 months 3 month free… after 3 month now my account is suspended. i will for sure let everyone NOT TO BUY MINT MOBILE if you  do not resolve this immediately. i am suppose to have 3 more months free…. this is bullshit

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello Mint fam! We want to provide some information about our Refer A Friend program that will help answer some of your questions regarding how to share the Mint love, and get some renewal credit!

Earning Referral Credit From Your Unique Link

In account management you will find a section in the menu called, you guessed it, Refer a Friend. Here you can get your unique sharing link. We give you the option to copy it and pass to a friend however you want, or share via email, Facebook or Facebook Messenger.

We have seen some customers report that they do not see the sharing option in Account Management. If this happens to you then please disable any ad blockers you may have. If this doesn’t work then reach out to our support team who will be able to assist you.

How Much Referral Credit Will You Receive
We'll credit you $30 for every successful referral from now until October 27, 2019. There are no limits to how many people you refer or renewal credit you can earn. Your friend will also win – we will give them $15 renewal credit when they purchase from your referral.

When Will you receive Your Referral Credit?
The renewal credit you earn from your referrals will appear in your account 15 days after your friend activates their full plan. We count a full plan as one of our 3, 6, 12 month plans, not a trial plan only activation. The renewal credit earned will automatically be applied to your next renewal, discounting the amount. Once the renewal credit is available, you will receive an email and you will be able to see it in your transaction history. I hope that clears up some of the confusion with our Referral Program. Any questions on the program please let me know.
Hello, I just bought new SIM with $15 3GB plan, but after few days, I think it would like to go for the $20 8GB. Do I have to cancel current plan and get refund and then buy new sim with $20 8GB plan or I can change it in plan management and still get 3+3 offer?
Userlevel 2
Badge
@Tondaa Welcome to Mint! Feel free to give our team a call at https://tel:213-372-7777 or send us an email at support@mintmobile.com so our team can sort this out for you. Please note that the offer ends 9/9/19 so make sure to reach out to us before then.
@MintMonica Is this B3G3 plan available for existing customers. I am unable to find any option in my login.
Is this offer open to existing customers? I'm just about to recharge my account.
Thanks.
I purchased a few of these Buy 3 Months, get 3 Months free for friends and family. However, I have one remaining SIM (not yet activated). I have read that it expires in 45 Days. What happens if I don't activate the SIm in 45 days? Is it no longer a valid SIM, i.e. have 3 months of service attached? Do I lose what I purchased it for or just the additional 3 Months free?
Hello Mint fam! We want to provide some information about our Refer A Friend program that will help answer some of your questions regarding how to share the Mint love, and get some renewal credit!

Earning Referral Credit From Your Unique Link

In account management you will find a section in the menu called, you guessed it, Refer a Friend. Here you can get your unique sharing link. We give you the option to copy it and pass to a friend however you want, or share via email, Facebook or Facebook Messenger.

We have seen some customers report that they do not see the sharing option in Account Management. If this happens to you then please disable any ad blockers you may have. If this doesn’t work then reach out to our support team who will be able to assist you.

How Much Referral Credit Will You Receive
We'll credit you $30 for every successful referral from now until October 27, 2019. There are no limits to how many people you refer or renewal credit you can earn. Your friend will also win – we will give them $15 renewal credit when they purchase from your referral.

When Will you receive Your Referral Credit?
The renewal credit you earn from your referrals will appear in your account 15 days after your friend activates their full plan. We count a full plan as one of our 3, 6, 12 month plans, not a trial plan only activation. The renewal credit earned will automatically be applied to your next renewal, discounting the amount. Once the renewal credit is available, you will receive an email and you will be able to see it in your transaction history. I hope that clears up some of the confusion with our Referral Program. Any questions on the program please let me know.

Is this still valid if our friend signed up for the Buy 3, Get 3 promo?
This company is not honest. Bought the Buy3 Get 3 SIM Kit. But never received the FREE 3 Months credit. I called Customer Service numerous times and they told me that the 3 months free credit will be applied to my account after 24 hours. But still NO CREDIT!!! Emailed CS was a joke. I sent 5 different emails and no one bothered to reply. One person eventually did reply and asked for my receipt, once I sent him the receipt, he completely ignored me. Very bad customer support!!! Nothing gets resolved!! I will be finding another carrier once my 3 month service is up!!!!

I don't see the credit on my girlfriend's account, but it's clearly visible in the transaction history. Did you look there?

3-Months/3-Months Free is a Ghost.

For getting any help, I’m in the same boat as others - the online chat is a bot and it’s useless.  Customer Service could not only help me, he was arguing with me that what I clearly see on my account isn’t actually true.

3-months/3-months free - sounds great, but it’s not actually happening.  I paid $105 for 3-months and I got 3-months of service.  Now nearly 3-months in, and my account shows another $105 due for an additional 3-months.  

So where IS the 3-free months?  I’ve emailed Support but in just 2-weeks I’ll be moving on to another provider that is more transparent about plans/promos/billing, and hopefully won’t argue with me when I take the time to call.

Mobile service is a commodity, not a premium for just certain people, and if Mint Mobile won’t deliver on what we agreed on, in other words have integrity, then I roll on down the road and spend my mobile dollars elsewhere.  No reason to get mad or call anyone names.

3-Months/3-Months Free is a Ghost.

For getting any help, I’m in the same boat as others - the online chat is a bot and it’s useless.  Customer Service could not only help me, he was arguing with me that what I clearly see on my account isn’t actually true.

3-months/3-months free - sounds great, but it’s not actually happening.  I paid $105 for 3-months and I got 3-months of service.  Now nearly 3-months in, and my account shows another $105 due for an additional 3-months.  

So where IS the 3-free months?  I’ve emailed Support but in just 2-weeks I’ll be moving on to another provider that is more transparent about plans/promos/billing, and hopefully won’t argue with me when I take the time to call.

Mobile service is a commodity, not a premium for just certain people, and if Mint Mobile won’t deliver on what we agreed on, in other words have integrity, then I roll on down the road and spend my mobile dollars elsewhere.  No reason to get mad or call anyone names.

Well THIS is interesting.  After having called CS and had their guy arguing with me about what was and what NOT present on my account (yes, I have a snipping show $105 was due shortly for the next 3-months that were supposed to be free), I log back in to check a couple of things and WOW, suddenly there is the “Recharge Paid” for the 3-months I’m supposed to get free.

Seeing a trend here - apparently you don’t get the 3-months free unless you call in (some several times) and argue with CS.

C’mon Mint, what the hell?  KinKC

I also did not get the three months free. I assumed it would be automatically added to your account (wouldn’t that make sense? it would be less work for them, and in this forum it’s clear that they don’t want to spend time dealing with customer issues). Or maybe they do it this way in hopes that some people won’t call to get the free 3 months and they will gain more profit. But I think this poor customer service is inexcusable. Maybe they think it’s ok since they are so cheap, but they aren’t the only cheap fish in the sea anymore. 

Mint mobile is so deceptive about promotions. So I saw the buy 3 get 3 free promotion on mintmobile.com, put it in my cart, ordered a phone. An email order confirmation came from mintmobile.com showing that i ordered a phone and the buy 3 get three plan.

Customer service (both emailed and called) tells me that because my phone was ordered from a third party, i’m not elligible for the promotion. But I placed the order from mintmobile.com and the email confirmation came from mintmobile.com listing that i ordered the by 3 get 3. At no point in the process on the mintmobile site was there an indication that my phone was coming from a third party, and that if I ordered it i would be inelligible for the promotion. They should say that if you order a phone you will not get the promotion. If I had known this, I would not have ordered a phone with the plan on the mintmobile site. 

If anyone from mintmobile sees this, please put on your website that if you order a phone you will not be eligible for promotions because it will come from a third party site. And if anyone sees this and is willing/able to still give me the promotion (or at least part of it), please contact me. Otherwise I will probably leave mint because this deception is not right. 

*update* the person I was emailing with in CS finally said that he would escalate my ticket to marketing, including the order confirmation from mint.com saying that I got the b3g3, and that they would manually credit my account with 3 months. I had started to look for other phone plans and was planning to leave mint until this happened. Now I will stay...I’m thankful that I got the 3 months that I was rightly owed. However, this was a huge headache and a lot of time spent trying to get them to give me something that I purchased, something I should have just gotten automatically. 

Mint mobile is so deceptive about promotions. So I saw the buy 3 get 3 free promotion on mintmobile.com, put it in my cart, ordered a phone. An email order confirmation came from mintmobile.com showing that i ordered a phone and the buy 3 get three plan.

Customer service (both emailed and called) tells me that because my phone was ordered from a third party, i’m not elligible for the promotion. But I placed the order from mintmobile.com and the email confirmation came from mintmobile.com listing that i ordered the by 3 get 3. At no point in the process on the mintmobile site was there an indication that my phone was coming from a third party, and that if I ordered it i would be inelligible for the promotion. They should say that if you order a phone you will not get the promotion. If I had known this, I would not have ordered a phone with the plan on the mintmobile site. 

If anyone from mintmobile sees this, please put on your website that if you order a phone you will not be eligible for promotions because it will come from a third party site. And if anyone sees this and is willing/able to still give me the promotion (or at least part of it), please contact me. Otherwise I will probably leave mint because this deception is not right. 

THIS COMPANY IS FULL OF SHIT THEY DONT DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU THEY WOULD DO THEY JUST SAY WHAYOU WANT TO HEAR LIKE ATT WATCH OUT EVERYONE THIS IS THE NEW ATT RIPOFF

Yep,  i never received the credit i paid for either