Pay off Bill & Phone before signing up

Make sure you completely pay off your bill & phone (if on a payment plan for a new phone). I found out the hard way, have since paid off the phone but AT&T has not unlocked my phone due to my account being closed, which I did not understand would happen when I signed up to MintMobile. I have been locked out of my phone and have not been able to use my phone for almost a week. How will this affect the 7 days for return?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Make sure you completely pay off your bill & phone (if on a payment plan for a new phone). I found out the hard way, have since paid off the phone but AT&T has not unlocked my phone due to my account being closed, which I did not understand would happen when I signed up to MintMobile. I have been locked out of my phone and have not been able to use my phone for almost a week. How will this affect the 7 days for return?

Hello, thanks for sharing your feedback to help out others in the community. Our 7-day money back guarantee is valid as long as you request the refund within 7 days from the activation date. You must fill out the form online found here - https://www.mintmobile.com/return-policy/
That's the problem, when you folks switched my phone, there was a balance due, and therefore AT&T locked my cell phone. I STILL am unable to use it and that may go on until the 11th of July. Which only gives me half a day of usage to see if everything (apps etc) works properly to when my 7 days policy expires
Userlevel 4
Badge
That's the problem, when you folks switched my phone, there was a balance due, and therefore AT&T locked my cell phone. I STILL am unable to use it and that may go on until the 11th of July. Which only gives me half a day of usage to see if everything (apps etc) works properly to when my 7 days policy expires

When was the first initial contact with Mint Mobile to advise your device was locked due to the balance owed with AT&T?
July 6th was when I had 1sr had called Mint mobile and they had explained that the problems were not on their end & contact AT&T. So I did the same day (July 6th). I have now been freed and unlocked. 🙂 So far so good with MM.. :-D
I think I am going to be very happy with my new carrier MM.
I have a few apps to adjust, like my bank and a few other apps, which I will try to get working when I get home from work. Any problems, I will be sure to call you folks.
Thank you for your time in this matter.