Question

APN Configurations Google Pixel

Hi there,

Just changed to a Google Pixel and am having difficulties with configuring the APN. As of right now, I cannot send/receive picture messages or group texts because of the APN.

After following the directions texted to me by Mint, my phone states that the carrier does not allow adding APNs of type default, dun. The phone is instead defaulting to a T-Mobile APN, and will not switch to the Ultra APN despite selecting that option. I've tried restarting the phone twice.

Any ideas?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi there,

Just changed to a Google Pixel and am having difficulties with configuring the APN. As of right now, I cannot send/receive picture messages or group texts because of the APN.

After following the directions texted to me by Mint, my phone states that the carrier does not allow adding APNs of type default, dun. The phone is instead defaulting to a T-Mobile APN, and will not switch to the Ultra APN despite selecting that option. I've tried restarting the phone twice.

Any ideas?

Hi, it sounds your device is locked. In order to use our network, an unlocked GSM-compatible device is needed which will allow you to edit the data settings to input our settings to access data & MMS. If it was purchased through your old cell provider, we recommend reaching out to them to have the device unlocked.