Question

AT&T denied unlock request

• 11 September 2019
  • 3 replies

The denial reason is that the phone has not had service in >60 days.
Now what?

Thanks

3 replies

No your only options is to keep trying different reps and get mad at one of them to get a supervisor on the line, (just make sure the phone was paid off), another option is to look up how to unlock it if you haven't updated it because there are many ways to bypass the lock code, and your last option is probably fork over around $30-$80 to an unlocking service company.
I am trying to use my older iphone se which I used on AT&T prepaid service on Mint for my son. I terminated my service with them before I got my phone unlocked because I did not know this would be a problem. I own the phone and had service with that phone for at least 2 years. This is so frustrating. Is there any recourse Mint has as the new carrier to assist with AT & T unlocking phones like the carriers use to port numbers between carriers.
I would try a couple more reps at ATT until you find one that may help, past that time line of 60 days they don't have to help. I unlocked my daughters old iPhone 5 something using a reputable service in Europe but can't think of the name at the moment, but you have to be careful with these services. Also try this too----https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/unlockstep1