Solved

Can I port my number *after* activation?

Ok I tried this for a while and really like it. Now I want to 'commit' to a longer-term plan - can I port my other number (from TMobile) now? Or do I need to stay with the number which was assigned when I tried it out?

If I can - how would I do that?
icon

Best answer by newsguy99 6 May 2018, 17:46

number9 is correct. You can not port your number after you have activated your SIM card. As that number is tied directly to the card.

View original

5 replies

i believe you have to wait until your next 30 day term begins. call customer service to be sure.
Unless things have changed in the last year you will not be able to port a number in after the initial activation. If close to the end of your current plan period you may want to order another introductory SIM and port your number in when activating.

I asked CS last year about this. It's one of several options missing at Mint Mobile.

✈
number9 is correct. You can not port your number after you have activated your SIM card. As that number is tied directly to the card.
It would have been nice for this to have been clear during activation. I started with the new mint number intending to port my number if I was happy with the service after the money-back 7-day trial period.
I would think that you can get a new sim card and start the process as if you are a new customer.

newsguy99 wrote: