Question

Can't receive SMS from anyone who isn't on MINT or T-Mobile network

• 7 January 2019
  • 5 replies

I just ported my number FROM Google Voice TO Mint yesterday. I can make and receive calls but I cannot receive any SMS Text messages from anyone who isn't on MINT or T-Mobile network. Everyone gets the texts that I send to them. I receive MMS (pictures) from everyone. I have turned my phone off and on several times in addition to resetting defaults, reinserting the SIM card and restarting my phone, and updating the APN settings. I have no idea what to do next. Why can't I receive texts?

5 replies

If you are using the default messaging app on your phone this might be the issue. I had a similar issue which resolved once I downloaded the google messenger app and made it my default.
I'm having same problems. Can only communicate by SMS with friends on T-Mobile.
I ported my number back to Mint after trying Unreal Mobile. Somehow the port has not been fully completed.
Unreal says they can't do anything because account with them was closed after port.
Mint keeps telling me my phone is not compatible. Totally false - I bought a Mint trial SIM, put it in phone, received new phone #, and was able to and receive texts from ALL my contacts.
When I put back in the SIM with my real phone #, no SMS service again.
Come on, Mint...figure this out!!
I got handsent sms app, fixed my issues with a lot of my mms/sms problems.
I got handsent sms app, fixed my issues with a lot of my mms/sms problems.

DavidLV - I don't understand your message. Please give more detail. Thx.

I got handsent sms app, fixed my issues with a lot of my mms/sms problems.DavidLV - I don't understand your message. Please give more detail. Thx.

I downloaded the none default sms app. it's called Handsent in google play store. Fixed many sms/mms issues.