Solved

Does MMS use data or is it a part of Mint's Unlimited Talk and Text?

Mint advertises "Unlimited Text," but I couldn't find any explicit answer as to what that encompasses from the website. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by yoshih 15 June 2018, 23:21

Yup, it looks like you're right @raino!
I ran a quick test: ~15mb worth of photos across MMS using Android Messenger on my OnePlus 6 with WiFi off. No noticeable change in data reported from my Mint account. It think it's safe to say that "unlimited text" from Mint includes both SMS and MMS!
View original

11 replies

Userlevel 2
I think data used for MMS is whitelisted. I haven't noticed it counting against my data plan.
Yup, it looks like you're right @raino!
I ran a quick test: ~15mb worth of photos across MMS using Android Messenger on my OnePlus 6 with WiFi off. No noticeable change in data reported from my Mint account. It think it's safe to say that "unlimited text" from Mint includes both SMS and MMS!
No, it's not. SMS messages are included. MMS messages utilize your Data plan cap.
Userlevel 2
@RoyceWashington can you break the tie and settle this?
No, it's not. SMS messages are included. MMS messages utilize your Data plan cap.
Thanks for your reply.

Hmm, there is the possibility that the data usage on my Mint account wasn't updated quickly enough during my test, leading me to think that no data was used in that time period... I guess more testing is needed... Or perhaps a definitive answer from Mint!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Your data usage includes, among other things, text, web browsing, instant or picture messages, and email whether read or unread, sent or received, solicited or unsolicited. To read details on data usage, please refer to our terms and conditions - https://www.mintmobile.com/plan-terms-and-conditions/
Userlevel 2

Your data usage includes, among other things, text, web browsing, instant or picture messages, and email whether read or unread, sent or received, solicited or unsolicited.

So that's a "no, MMS is not whitelisted?"
@raino @RoyceWashington @Bushka

Thank you for you help!

Is there any way that I can reselect the correct answer from my end? Otherwise my post is misleading...
What does it mean "text" in the terms and conditions? I thought text wasn't part of the data usage.

Your data usage includes, among other things, text, web browsing, instant or picture messages, and email whether read or unread, sent or received, solicited or unsolicited.

So that's a "no, MMS is not whitelisted?"

What terms are you using to confirm mms here? instant or picture messages? and why does it say text as something that is used against your data plan?
'Text' as in a simple sms does not require a data connection and as thus is not used against your data usage.