Question

Issues with network connection - new SIM

• 17 August 2018
  • 7 replies

My wife and I both joined Mint this week. I have been having no problems (Samsung Galaxy S8) but my wife's phone (Huawei Nova 2i) keeps dropping the network and when it is connected only manages EDGE (2G/3G) connectivity, never 4G or LTE. My phone, sitting next to hers, will quite happily be connected to 4G. She also seems to have no connection at all in places where my phone is fine. We were both with the same provider previously with no issues so it's very odd.

Any suggestions? At this stage it's looking like a refund request for one of us at least.

Thanks, Andrew

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 3
I doubt that Huawei phone was made for full compatibility with US networks.
Thanks Raino. The Huawei had no issues roaming on AT&T when we first arrived so it's not a US issue. Maybe a T-mobile issue though?
Userlevel 3
Thanks Raino. The Huawei had no issues roaming on AT&T when we first arrived so it's not a US issue. Maybe a T-mobile issue though?

Yeah, that's very likely. AT&T's network bands are a little more "global" than TMO's.

You'd want to make sure you have tried Mint's suggested APNs.
Thanks for that. I think I've been through most of the setup options and rechecked the APNs. I've also tried switching SIM cards - it's definitely an issue with her phone and the network as her SIM in my phone works fine.

Will see if Mint have any more suggestions and then will probably request a refund and look at another carrier.
My phone is Leagoo T5, has the same problem, there is E icon in the status bar (2G network), it could not connect to 4g network.
The phone does not have the proper bands for Mint/Tmobile, no band 2 or 12.
The phone does not have the proper bands for Mint/Tmobile, no band 2 or 12.
Thanks, my phone does not say about the band, but it has frequencies GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz