Sticky

New to the Community? Here's How To Get Started

New to the Community? Here's How To Get Started
Userlevel 3
Not sure where to start? You've come to the right place! Come on in and ask any question. Once it's been answered, we'll be sure to move it on over to the appropriate place and mark it as answered. To find your topic, just click on your username in the upper right corner and click on "topics," or use the link we'll send you when you receive replies. Good? Good.

23 replies

I'm having trouble with voice mail. Sometimes, the mail messages may be received in the system, but do not show up as waiting/unread at all. I had two month-old voices messages that suddenly cropped up today. What do I do?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hey AMATTEI,

Oh no! We want you to be able to get all of your voicemail's at the time they are sent. The best option we have for you would be to reset your voicemail. Just simply send our support an email at support@mintsim.com or shoot me a PM (private message) with your phone number and then we can go ahead and do that that for you. If you have any other questions about voicemail, be sure to include it in the email. We will be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks,
Mint SIM
When you buy a renewal plan, does it come with another sim card or just with a different activation number?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello,

When you renew your plan, you keep the SIM you already have. You dont need to get a new SIM when you renew your plan.

I hope this helps.

Mint SIM Support
Great to see the launch of this new community! Great way to help each other as MintSIM learns and grows.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I agree. Sharing experiences and giving each other tips will help us all out in the long run!
Ok don’t know if this is where you post but I’m new to mint...
my question is simple, I need to phone the U.K. every week for about 15 minutes, so how do I go about it, do I put money in the wallet or up my data roaming, I’m confused
eagely waiting for reply and thanx in advance
I would like to know when Mintsim (Mintmobile) is going to get service using AT&T towers?? Tmobile towers are fine if you aren't in rural areas, At&t towers are pretty much everywhere I go and I like to be able to get a signal so as to be able to use my phone wherever I am. Look me up if you ever do go to AT&T and I will come back but as for now I must go back to net10. 😞
I Love this company of mint moble wish you was also a internet company also love the deals
I have a Samsung Active S6. I just moved from Georgia to Colorado. I have been having very poor coverage since I've arrived. The Mint coverage map says this area is supposed to have good 4G coverage, but I don't ever seem to catch the signal indicator icon indicating 4G.

I have removed the SIM and restarted the phone in a few different combinations. No change.

I have re-entered the Access Point information according to the Mint website and emails from their support team. Incidentally, that is located in Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names (people keep trying to get me to go to menus that do not exist on my phone).

Basically, I need to get my phone working again. Please help.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Tony2sugars wrote:

Ok don’t know if this is where you post but I’m new to mint...
my question is simple, I need to phone the U.K. every week for about 15 minutes, so how do I go about it, do I put money in the wallet or up my data roaming, I’m confused
eagely waiting for reply and thanx in advance



To get International call credits, you need to add money to your Mint Mobile Wallet. Follow these steps:
1. Visit your online account
2. Select "Load Wallet" from the homepage
3. Select the amount of money to add
4. Submit your order

To view our international rates, please check out this link - https://www.mintmobile.com/international-rates/
Userlevel 3
Badge
dubbaYous wrote:

I would like to know when Mintsim (Mintmobile) is going to get service using AT&T towers?? Tmobile towers are fine if you aren't in rural areas, At&t towers are pretty much everywhere I go and I like to be able to get a signal so as to be able to use my phone wherever I am. Look me up if you ever do go to AT&T and I will come back but as for now I must go back to net10. :(



Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear it didn't work out since we do not partner with AT&T. Hope it'll work out better with the next providre you go with it.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Stacey wrote:

I Love this company of mint moble wish you was also a internet company also love the deals



Thanks for the love Stacey! Whoo hoo!
Userlevel 3
Badge
JBarnes wrote:

I have a Samsung Active S6. I just moved from Georgia to Colorado. I have been having very poor coverage since I've arrived. The Mint coverage map says this area is supposed to have good 4G coverage, but I don't ever seem to catch the signal indicator icon indicating 4G.

I have removed the SIM and restarted the phone in a few different combinations. No change.

I have re-entered the Access Point information according to the Mint website and emails from their support team. Incidentally, that is located in Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names (people keep trying to get me to go to menus that do not exist on my phone).

Basically, I need to get my phone working again. Please help.



Please direct message us your mobile number and we'll take a look, thanks.
International calling from Haiti. I put funds in my international roaming account and my wallet before leaving for Haiti. Upon arriving in Haiti i no longer was able to place calls or receive or send texts. My phone said that i wasn't part of the network. Haiti has two companies providing service : Digicel and Natcom. How can we get to use our Mint service in Haiti ?
Userlevel 3
Badge
runnerm47 wrote:

International calling from Haiti. I put funds in my international roaming account and my wallet before leaving for Haiti. Upon arriving in Haiti i no longer was able to place calls or receive or send texts. My phone said that i wasn't part of the network. Haiti has two companies providing service : Digicel and Natcom. How can we get to use our Mint service in Haiti ?



As long as you have funds in your UpRoam balance and make sure to go to your device settings for cellular network and enable roaming, you should be able to connect to a service provider available.
So runnerm47 , did you ever get you phone to work in Haiti? I'm going to Mexico City in October. Will I need to get a new local phone or will my Galaxy J7 work? I had T-Mobile years ago and didn't have any problem making calls from Cancun - although I did have a $700 phone bill when I returned.
JBarnes wrote:

I have a Samsung Active S6. I just moved from Georgia to Colorado. I have been having very poor coverage since I've arrived. The Mint coverage map says this area is supposed to have good 4G coverage, but I don't ever seem to catch the signal indicator icon indicating 4G.

I have removed the SIM and restarted the phone in a few different combinations. No change.

I have re-entered the Access Point information according to the Mint website and emails from their support team. Incidentally, that is located in Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names (people keep trying to get me to go to menus that do not exist on my phone).

Basically, I need to get my phone working again. Please help.


Well JBarnes, you may need to change networks. I had a Metro PCS phone in Atlanta many years ago that kept dropping calls so I dropped them after only a month. Went with Virgin Mobile (Sprint) and was super satisfied until they stopped supporting Android users and went all iPhone. Now I'm with Mint (T-Mobile) and I think it might be a good marriage. I had started out with T-Mobile but left them a decade ago when they were planning a merger with ATT.
"insufficient prepaid funds or mms blocked" - why am I getting this message? APN settings are correct and I have plenty of data. This has only started happening over the last couple of days.
I'm a new Mint Customer and have signed-up for the 3 month 10 GB plan. I decided to switch to Mint as I was averaging 10-11 GB a month with daily streaming to music apps (such as Amazon Music Unlimited, Pandora, IHeart Radio, etc.) and even watch an occasional 30-45 minute youtube a week.

I've only been in the plan for 5 days (today is 10/24/2018, I started my plan on 10/19/2018) and I have already gone through 1.9 GB of my 10GB. This doesn't make sense as I have decided to load my music on my phone via Wifi and decide not to stream any music or videos. In addition, I have changed my app settings to conserve data.

Since it also looks like the plan is burning through my data quick, I decided to take the "LTE" off my setting and go on a regular speed. It looks like I'm still burning LTE data! An hour of visiting a website took away 100 MB. I took a screen shot of the before I started browsing the Macy's website on 4G, not LTE.

Can someone please look into this as it does not make sense how I'm burning through my data a lot faster? I was in my monthly unlimited plan for 2 years and never went through so much data! And I'm not even streaming music or videos.

Thank you,
Dorothy
HI everyone
...just left AT&T Pre-Paid (after bout one yr)...had 8GB w/monthly roll over for $42.76@month auto-pay...unless u had a 'contract', they wouldn't allow wifi calling even tho they were still auto-taking ur $$ via Pre-Paid same as a 'contract' user...also, every frickn other day some txt clogging msg would be sent saying ur bill was coming in one/two weeks, or how did u like the service, or letting u know ur auto-pay successfully went thru and so on, and so on, and so on ! i called cust/service and asked them to 'cool it' (TURN OFF !!) w/the txt's...no way, Jose'...said they couldn't turn them off cuz i was PRE-PAID ! same towers, same data speeds, same EVERYTHING as a 'contract' user but NOOOOO, they weren't gonna allow u wifi calling and NOOO they weren't gonna STOP w/the txt's...had it w/those dweebs...got the $5 MINT 'starter kit', plugged in the temp/SIM, drove around all over hell & back and voila', worked like a charm w/NO CAP kick a** data speeds ! day l8r, plugged in the permanent SIM card, transferred my existing #, BAM, was working in like 10mins !! clkd on 'wifi calling' on my new iPhone XS MAX, *DING*, instant wifi as well, thanku !

...went w/the intro 5GB 3-month plan & it ended up being only $17.36 ! MINT even threw in a $5 credit from my starter kit cost WOW ! ...diggn the plan, diggn the service and sho nuff, diggn the data speeds/coverage that are faster/better than my former AT&T Pre-Paid...THANX MINT !👏✌

I had raised a complaint regarding the renewal of my mobile plan 4 days ago on 29th November. I was supposed to hear back from a representative withing 48 hours. It is not fair for customers to keep waiting to hear back. The plan does not provide any flexibility when charged incorrectly due to the auto renewal process.I have been trying to get in touch with them since the day the plan was renewed. However, every representative on call tells me that someone will contact me. Whom should I contact next regarding my issue?

Reply