Question

SIM not supported message BYOD from straight talk

• 28 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi!

I am a former straight talk user. I am trying to transfer my iPhone 8 from Straight Talk to a plan here on Mint Mobile. The phone was purchased independently from straight talk outside of any contract or plan so I believe it to be unlocked.

I went to activate my 3-month 8gb starter plan from Mint today as my straight talk service just ended. I completed the part I needed in order to transfer my number over on the Mint Mobile website. After inserting the new SIM card I get a message on my iphone that says SIM not supported.

I contacted Straight Talk and they say they have no lock on the phone because it was not purchased through them.

Is this an issue where I just need to wait for the transfer to go through?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hi!

I am a former straight talk user. I am trying to transfer my iPhone 8 from Straight Talk to a plan here on Mint Mobile. The phone was purchased independently from straight talk outside of any contract or plan so I believe it to be unlocked.

I went to activate my 3-month 8gb starter plan from Mint today as my straight talk service just ended. I completed the part I needed in order to transfer my number over on the Mint Mobile website. After inserting the new SIM card I get a message on my iphone that says SIM not supported.

I contacted Straight Talk and they say they have no lock on the phone because it was not purchased through them.

Is this an issue where I just need to wait for the transfer to go through?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi! I will be glad to review the case, I’ve sent you a private message requesting some relevant information about the account, so that we can sort it out as soon as possible.