Solved

Switched phones, now not receiving texts from Verizon subscribers

• 9 September 2019
  • 5 replies

I switched to Mint from Verizon a couple weeks ago and activated my Mint SIM on my old phone (Nokia Lumia Icon). Last week, I got a new OnePlus7 Pro. I put the SIM in the 7 Pro and now I don't receive texts from Verizon customers (I can text them). I've tried changing the APN settings every which way possible to no avail. Mint customer service was of no use other than to tell me that it looked fine on their end. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
icon

Best answer by MintMonica 12 September 2019, 00:57

Update...I opened a ticket with Mint support 48 hours ago. No response other than the auto-generated ones when the ticket was created. Awesome support!

Sorry about this. We forwarded your information to our support team and they will get in contact with you soon.
View original

5 replies

Are you using the Mint APN's not T-Mobile ( which has a tendency to show up on some phones when the Mint Sim is installed ). The APN's are saved after you fill them in, and you reboot your phone. Where is the OP7 from?
I've tried both the Mint APN settings as well as the T-Mobile APN that is there by default with the the same result. The phone was bought directly from Oneplus.
Update...I opened a ticket with Mint support 48 hours ago. No response other than the auto-generated ones when the ticket was created. Awesome support!
Userlevel 2
Badge

Sorry about this. We forwarded your information to our support team and they will get in contact with you soon.
I finally figured out what the problem is (with zero help from Mint). I ported my number from Verizon using the Mint website. Apparently, the port was not successful on Verizon's end, so my number is still in their system and they are still charging me for service (explains why I'm not getting texts from Verizon customers). During the port, the Mint website failed several times, but I eventually was notified that the port was successful. I spoke with Mint customer support about the issue and, again, they were unable/unwilling to do anything to help. I'm hoping that Verizon can figure out a way to get me out of this mess. At this point I'm afraid that I'm going to lose my phone number that I've had for 20 years.

Forgot to mention that I still have not heard from Mint support on that support ticket that I created nearly 72 hours ago...