Solved

This Billing issue seems to happen often...Why?

Like numerous others here I was billed $69 for 3 months but signed up for $45 for 3 months with $7.25 in misc fees.Seems like a bait and switch marketing tactic is being deployed.Will be moving on to a honest company when my 3 months run out.
icon

Best answer by pikeviewer2 30 May 2018, 17:29

Was this the first 3 months or were you renewing after having had 3 months service? The first 3 months price is an "introductory" rate. After the first three months, The 3 month rate goes up to $69, To continue to get the $15/mo rate, you have to pay for a year in advance, $180 plus taxes/fees. This is clearly stated on their web site.

I don't consider it bait and switch. It is an option to try 3 months at the yearly rate.

If you were charged $69 for the first 3 months, that is an error. I am just a customer on the first 3 month $45 plan. I have set my auto charge to pay for 1 year when the first 3 months runs out. Contact customer service if you were charged $69 for the first 3 months.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Was this the first 3 months or were you renewing after having had 3 months service? The first 3 months price is an "introductory" rate. After the first three months, The 3 month rate goes up to $69, To continue to get the $15/mo rate, you have to pay for a year in advance, $180 plus taxes/fees. This is clearly stated on their web site.

I don't consider it bait and switch. It is an option to try 3 months at the yearly rate.

If you were charged $69 for the first 3 months, that is an error. I am just a customer on the first 3 month $45 plan. I have set my auto charge to pay for 1 year when the first 3 months runs out. Contact customer service if you were charged $69 for the first 3 months.
Let me just say thanks for your reply.I now understand the plan billing statement refers to the next time I will be billed.I'm not gonna argue the bait and switch point since even at $23 monthly it is a good deal,but not as competitive in todays market .