Unable to receive text messages from verizon users regardless of phone they are using.
Phone: Google Pixel 3 XL
Tools available: Verizon based iphone
- Restart phone
- Remove, clean, and replace sim card
- Verified APN settings were up to date per mint mobile site. (linked)
- Verified phone number was not registered with imessage.
- Contacted customer service - "network was reset"
- Contacted customer service again - a technical reference ticket was created.
- Send and receipt of Phone calls, SMS, and MMS is possible with: 1x Sprint user(iOS) , 1x AT&T user(android) , 1x Mint mobile user (same sim in Iphone and android)
- I am able to receive MMS from Verizon (iOS and android) users.
- Traded sim cards with a verizon iphone, and the problem followed the sim card (NOTE: when using the iphone, both MMS and SMS were not received when sent from a verizon user) - Error message "invalid destination address" was provided by the pixel 3 when texting the mint sim which was in the iphone. ***Indicates the fault followed the sim.***
- Placed a different mint subscribers sim card (from iphone) into original pixel 3 and was unable to receive SMS from verizon phone - likely because it was registered with imessage. ***this test did not rule out the phones settings to be the issue.***
If anyone has had this issue with any successful outcome, information would be greatly appreciated.
It appears as though i need tech support to call me to verify some more settings and ultimately replace the sim i suspect.