Question

Why cant I use Wi-Fi texting/calling on my new AXON mini 7?

• 11 April 2018
  • 6 replies

-so when I go to enter my 911 address to enable Wi-Fi calling on mintsim I am getting an error message.

-also the coverage map is painted in 4g where I live but in my house I am unable to get any signal?

6 replies

That phone looks good. 3GB of ram is plenty. However, it might not be supported in WiFi calling.
As WiFi calling will only work on certain phones.
I'm not sure what to tell you about not getting 4G.
Go back to that map again, and pin point your location again, But this time click the map, you should see a balloon pop up right above where the mouse pointer is. It'll tell you if the signal is strong enough to get into your home. Shows, land, car, home, and office building.
No, I don't live there. Just used this as an example.

That phone looks good. 3GB of ram is plenty. However, it might not be supported in WiFi calling.
As WiFi calling will only work on certain phones.
I'm not sure what to tell you about not getting 4G.
Go back to that map again, and pin point your location again, But this time click the map, you should see a balloon pop up right above where the mouse pointer is. It'll tell you if the signal is strong enough to get into your home. Shows, land, car, home, and office building.
No, I don't live there. Just used this as an example.

@newsguy99 thanks for the detail...so it turns out I can't get 4GLTE in my house on the legend, which was expected. I've seen posts of people using the Axon 7 mini and Axon 7 on mintsim Wi-Fi call/text before I bought it. Also I had some replies confirming that I should be able to set it up on the zte forum. I just haven't been able to yet, I still get the error when I try to enable Wi-Fi call/text.
Something that came to mind last night while I was looking over this.
Are you close to a bigger city? It could be, and I've seen others have this issue too. That your current zip code some how got skipped. Try another zip code that is close to you. Maybe a bigger town that is next door.

I actually just now changed my address, since I moved. And it went through just fine.
So, I'm thinking its a zip code, city issue.
I found out my self that many of the big companies actually send/use signals that over power other carries signals, Please note i been doing this for 35 Years. I recommend you turn off your cell phone and turn it back on but dont do anything for at least 10 minutes let the phone register the signal to the nearest tower/cell spot and then try using it. Hope this helps. We have T-mobile for over 18 Years now with mint. Runs on the same network and Verizons LOL! thank you so MUCH!.
Userlevel 4
Badge
I found out my self that many of the big companies actually send/use signals that over power other carries signals, Please note i been doing this for 35 Years. I recommend you turn off your cell phone and turn it back on but dont do anything for at least 10 minutes let the phone register the signal to the nearest tower/cell spot and then try using it. Hope this helps. We have T-mobile for over 18 Years now with mint. Runs on the same network and Verizons LOL! thank you so MUCH!.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it!