WiFi Calling

• 10 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I purchased a very, very cheap ZTE Maven 3 (Z835) and I am attempting to set up WiFi Calling because I live in a very remote area. I can't seem to figure out how to do it and have viewed numerous videos and tutorials. Is it possible only certain phones are capable of WiFi Calling? Android is totally new to me because I have been an avid Apple user for many years so I am having other challenges but the WiFi Calling is important due to my location.

2 replies

Wifi calling may not be able to be used on that phone. If wifi calling is not in Settings-Network& Internet- Advanced and is not listed there the phone can't do wifi calling.
Here are pics of what I see when I go into settings. Maybe this 2nd phone / 2nd number is just a cheap one. But as long as I can make calls and texts, minimal use, I should be pretty happy. But I do have issues with having enough bars for phone calls from my home. How would I find out about the capability of WiFi Calling? Take a look at these images and maybe you can help me. Thanks! Michele