Question

Will mint sim work on Netgear LB1120 4G LTE Broadband Modem

• 20 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I use mint mobile on my phone but need to provide data at a remote site. 

Will mint sim work on Netgear LB1120 4G LTE Broadband Modem?

Style: 4G LTE Modem
Use as your primary Internet connection in areas that do not have strong broadband service
Ideal for rural homes or homes that do not have strong broadband service.
Connect the LTE modem to your WiFi router and share connection with all your WiFi and wired devices.
Unlocked device will accept all Micro-SIM cards. May not connect in some areas.
LTE Category 4: Bands 2, 4, 5, and 12. 3G UMTS: Bands 2 and 5
Coverage in the area map shows 4G LTE 700 and 4G LTE 600 only

3 replies

Userlevel 3

I use mint mobile on my phone but need to provide data at a remote site. 

Will mint sim work on Netgear LB1120 4G LTE Broadband Modem?

Style: 4G LTE Modem
Use as your primary Internet connection in areas that do not have strong broadband service
Ideal for rural homes or homes that do not have strong broadband service.
Connect the LTE modem to your WiFi router and share connection with all your WiFi and wired devices.
Unlocked device will accept all Micro-SIM cards. May not connect in some areas.
LTE Category 4: Bands 2, 4, 5, and 12. 3G UMTS: Bands 2 and 5
Coverage in the area map shows 4G LTE 700 and 4G LTE 600 only

Hello, please note that this device could work with our SIM card, however, if the coverage and signal are not strong, the 4G LTE will not work perfectly. We would recommend trying it to see how it works there.

I plan to remove the Mint SIM from my phone and put it in the Netgear LB1120 to see if there is any coverage at the remote site. If there is coverage, I can buy a Mint Mobile plan for the Netgear. Testing with the phone alone is not good enough because we need to test with an antenna attached to the Netgear.

After I put the testing SIM back in my phone it should work in my phone just as it did before the testing, right?

Fingers crossed.

Userlevel 3

I plan to remove the Mint SIM from my phone and put it in the Netgear LB1120 to see if there is any coverage at the remote site. If there is coverage, I can buy a Mint Mobile plan for the Netgear. Testing with the phone alone is not good enough because we need to test with an antenna attached to the Netgear.

After I put the testing SIM back in my phone it should work in my phone just as it did before the testing, right?

Fingers crossed.

Yes, you can try your Mint SIM card on that device and once you put it back on your phone is should work normally.