Solved

Android Settings shows less Data

• 6 March 2020
  • 4 replies

I just activated a 3 month, 3GB plan with Mint, but my Android phone shows 2GB, 28 days left (Settings, Network & Internet, Data Usage).  Anybody know why?  (Previously, I had only T-Mobile talk/text, no data.)  Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Wicked_Wizard 7 March 2020, 22:08

You have to reset your phones data usage in the data settings, along with the correct dates to reflect current usage. Log in your mint mobile app on your phone and check the data from there. 

View original

4 replies

You have to reset your phones data usage in the data settings, along with the correct dates to reflect current usage. Log in your mint mobile app on your phone and check the data from there. 

Thanks very much for the prompt response.  I didn’t realize that 2 GB was the default setting on my phone (because, as I mentioned, I previously had no data, not 2 GB).

I'm having the same issue.  I have the 8 gig plan.  I've left my house maybe 2x  in 2 months and it says I've used over 6 gigs! My phone says I've used 1.8. I have changed the settings,  my billing dates coincide with the mint app. My wifi setting on my phone,  and internet provider app match up, just not the data.  There's just no way I could've used 6 gigs no way.

Userlevel 3

I'm having the same issue.  I have the 8 gig plan.  I've left my house maybe 2x  in 2 months and it says I've used over 6 gigs! My phone says I've used 1.8. I have changed the settings,  my billing dates coincide with the mint app. My wifi setting on my phone,  and internet provider app match up, just not the data.  There's just no way I could've used 6 gigs no way.

Hello, please note that the data usage shown on your device is not 100% accurate, however, it is just an estimated amount. Please send me a DM with your phone number to review your account.