Question

Another Slow 4G LTE Post

• 19 May 2020
  • 2 replies

So I'm new to Mint Mobile and don't know for sure what to expect in data speeds, but when I checked coverage in my area (greater Nashville, TN) it shows great coverage for full 4G LTE speeds. I have tried the automatic T-Mobile APN settings, the Ultra APN settings from the Help page, as well as settings I found on an MVNO review site, but none improved the speeds. I later started a support chat through the Mint Mobile app where they had me totally reset my network settings, which seemed to improve my speed slightly, but not too what I expect from 4G LTE. I started with an average less than 1Mb/s down and up using any APN setting; sometimes peaking at 2Mb/s. After the chat and resetting network settings (now using the automatic T-Mobile APN) it now averages 4 or 5Mb/s , but I'm coming from AT&T LTE at 30-40Mb/s. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to improve performance? I was hearing good things about Mint Mobile speeds before signing up, but this isn't living up to what I heard.

2 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi! We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with mobile data. Please send us a DM with your phone number and zipcode to look into your case as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Hi! We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with mobile data. Please send us a DM with your phone number and zipcode to look into your case as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Message Sent