Question

Another Slow 4G LTE Post

So I'm new to Mint Mobile and don't know for sure what to expect in data speeds, but when I checked coverage in my area (greater Nashville, TN) it shows great coverage for full 4G LTE speeds. I have tried the automatic T-Mobile APN settings, the Ultra APN settings from the Help page, as well as settings I found on an MVNO review site, but none improved the speeds. I later started a support chat through the Mint Mobile app where they had me totally reset my network settings, which seemed to improve my speed slightly, but not too what I expect from 4G LTE. I started with an average less than 1Mb/s down and up using any APN setting; sometimes peaking at 2Mb/s. After the chat and resetting network settings (now using the automatic T-Mobile APN) it now averages 4 or 5Mb/s , but I'm coming from AT&T LTE at 30-40Mb/s. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to improve performance? I was hearing good things about Mint Mobile speeds before signing up, but this isn't living up to what I heard.

2 replies

Hi! We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with mobile data. Please send us a DM with your phone number and zipcode to look into your case as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Message Sent

Userlevel 3

Hi! We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing issues with mobile data. Please send us a DM with your phone number and zipcode to look into your case as soon as possible. Thanks.