Question

Can’t send pics to non iPhone users or receive group texts with android and iPhone users both in group

I can’t send or receive pics with android users. I have an iPhone 6s. I also cannot receive group texts with iPhone AND android users in the same group. I just updated my settings. Am I supposed to turn my phone off and power back on before it works. Worried that it won’t solve the problem. I updated my settings. Anyone else with same problem? Sorry in advance if this is a duplicate inquiry. Just getting annoyed bc my son recently changed to android (he has sprint) and I can’t send him pics or internet links. Very frustrating. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance!! I sent an email to customer service and never heard back 😞 ugh
alyssa

15 replies

Hi, i have the same issue (Iphone6) and it never occurred to me it was on the mintsim side.
My guess is that our MMS settings are incorrect as sending pictures from IOS to Android uses MMS.
Have you looked at those yet?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Setting Up Your Data for iPhone
Select the Settings icon on your homescreen.
Select the Cellular menu option in the first section of the menu.
Ensure that the Cellular Data and Enable LTE are both enabled.
Select the Cellular Data option and enter the following information into the fields:
Cellular Data
APN – alpha
Username – (leave blank)
Password – (leave blank)
MMS
APN – wholesale
Username – (leave blank)
Password – (leave blank)
MMSC – http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy – (leave blank)
MMS Max Message Size – 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL – http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
Restart your iPhone.

Are these the settings you both have?
yes Royce, quadruple checked..still doesn't work.
Userlevel 4
Badge
yes Royce, quadruple checked..still doesn't work.

We're more than happy to create a support case to further assist. Give us a call at 213-372-7777, toll-free 1-800-683-7392 or email support@mintmobile.com to further troubleshoot. Please be sure to be as detailed as possible.
I am having the issue of not being able to group mms non-iphone users (as is my wife) also. We have been experiencing this issue for about 30 days. I have an iphone 6 she has and iphone 5. I have verified that the mms settings are correct and have spoken to Mint Mobile tech support but they were unable to determine the problem. Very frustrating. Solution suggested was to use WhatsApp, which is not a solution.

Been reading online that other T-mobile users (mintsim uses t-mobile) have been experiencing the same issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8297997). Tmobile sent a new sim and mms is working.

Mintsim, can you send me a new sim?
Userlevel 4
Badge
I am having the issue of not being able to group mms non-iphone users (as is my wife) also. We have been experiencing this issue for about 30 days. I have an iphone 6 she has and iphone 5. I have verified that the mms settings are correct and have spoken to Mint Mobile tech support but they were unable to determine the problem. Very frustrating. Solution suggested was to use WhatsApp, which is not a solution.

Been reading online that other T-mobile users (mintsim uses t-mobile) have been experiencing the same issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8297997). Tmobile sent a new sim and mms is working.

Can you direct message us the phone number on your account and we'll take a look? Thanks!
Thought I had these settings correct initially but maybe not. I entered them again and now send and receive pics just fine.
I have the same problem. iPhone 6s with new Mint SIM, cannot get MMS working to Android recipient. I have double checked the configuration of the MMS settings and have restarted my phone. Broken.
I have the same problem, and i Don't have MMS setting on my phone. i called Iphone support, and they said the mms setting locked by carrier. Need help
Userlevel 4
Badge
I have the same problem, and i Don't have MMS setting on my phone. i called Iphone support, and they said the mms setting locked by carrier. Need help

Who was your previous cell provider? Sounds like it's locked to your old carrier and you can reach out to them for further assistance. If the device is unlocked, you should have the ability to edit the data settings to enter our network settings in.
I used ATT, Tmobile, Cricket, metroPcS before i swithced to MintMobile. Never have problem with other carrier before.

I have the same problem, and i Don't have MMS setting on my phone. i called Iphone support, and they said the mms setting locked by carrier. Need helpWho was your previous cell provider? Sounds like it's locked to your old carrier and you can reach out to them for further assistance. If the device is unlocked, you should have the ability to edit the data settings to enter our network settings in.

I use ATT, TMOBILE, MetroPCS and Cricket before i switches to mintmobile. Never had problem with mms.
i called mint customer care, they blamed my phone is BRANDED. I am like what??? Is it like PIMP and Slave
Userlevel 4
Badge

I have the same problem, and i Don't have MMS setting on my phone. i called Iphone support, and they said the mms setting locked by carrier. Need helpWho was your previous cell provider? Sounds like it's locked to your old carrier and you can reach out to them for further assistance. If the device is unlocked, you should have the ability to edit the data settings to enter our network settings in.

I use ATT, TMOBILE, MetroPCS and Cricket before i switches to mintmobile. Never had problem with mms.
i called mint customer care, they blamed my phone is BRANDED. I am like what??? Is it like PIMP and Slave

Please direct message us your mobile number, IMEI#, and home address to further troubleshoot, thank you.

Can you direct message us the phone number on your account and we'll take a look? Thanks!

What was the resolution to this problem because I can’t send pictures anymore. I used but now it has stopped working on my iPhone 6.  A year or two ago this was happening every month or two where I had to re-enter the network settings and restart my phone.  It seemed to happen after a phone update occurred.  The last year this issue went away until just recently it started up again.  This problem is getting tiresome.  I want a permanent fix that doesn’t involve me resetting my network settings to the same thing all the time.

Please help resolve.

Mint is giving everyone the RUN AROUND ON THIS!!! Why is this still a problem?