Solved

MMS not working after Android OS update to 8.1

• 2 December 2018
  • 2 replies

MintMobile:
Please review my Mint Mobile Customer Care support ticket 3270245 for resolution.
I had not heard back after providing the Order number, Phone number, ICCID number, call back number, and issue description on 11/28/18.
To follow up, a call was made to the CSR line (support ticket 3285205) and was told that the phone "is not compatible with Mint Sim service" in total. Not just 4G/data or voice, but "total".
That CSR call was made with the Moto G5 Plus phone in question, on MintMobile service, that has been utilized since July 2017.
I am available to work with your technical staff in getting to the root of the issue, if needed. I have been a proponent of MintMoble and look forward to continuing the relationship.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this requirement.
icon

Best answer by btwatk 3 December 2018, 02:07

And after a couple of information emails, the tech had me reset the 'wi-fi, mobile, and bluetooth networks' to default, and re create the APN. That did the trick, and the backlog of test MMS texts went through. My Moto G5+ was the XT1687 variant.
Thank you to MintMobile for working with me on the issue.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Ive been waiting a few days for a response as well...

I provided all info for email and had asked 2 questions in forum but to no avail.

All features work on my phone except mms over wifi.

I 2nd the motion for resolution to the mms / android issue.
And after a couple of information emails, the tech had me reset the 'wi-fi, mobile, and bluetooth networks' to default, and re create the APN. That did the trick, and the backlog of test MMS texts went through. My Moto G5+ was the XT1687 variant.
Thank you to MintMobile for working with me on the issue.