Solved

Text messaging not working

• 20 January 2020
  • 6 replies

I have been using the same phone and Mint for over a year. Just last week something changed and I no longer can get messages. I think send is  working fine. I have plenty of signal, can visit websites, and my phone says it is on the MINT network. Support said to reset network settings and I did. Still am on the network, have good signal and cannot receive text.

What is the deal? All was well until about a week ago. Does anyone have any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by gayle 24 January 2020, 15:28

I found that this happens to me usually in Jan or Feb. The first thing I noticed is that the APN changes. Usually making that change has fixed it for me for the rest of the year.

However, this time it did not. I was persistent with support, trying both phone and email support. From this experience, I have to say phone support is horrible and clueless.

But email support has been really good and knowledgeable. They did not assume I was an idiot!

Here is what worked for me, as recommended by email support:

1. turn on airplane mode
  2. turn off cell phone
  3. remove sim card
  4. Wait 5 min for the sim to refresh
  5. reinsert sim card
  6. turn on phone
  7. turn off airplane mode
View original

6 replies

I am also not getting notice of voicemails. This is really irritating. I have about 8 months left on my plan and all was well when I re-uped in October.

I am also not receiving any text. Or at least, I will randomly stop receiving texts which will later all come in art the same time and then it works fine again untill it decides to stop working again without notice or reason.

I found that this happens to me usually in Jan or Feb. The first thing I noticed is that the APN changes. Usually making that change has fixed it for me for the rest of the year.

However, this time it did not. I was persistent with support, trying both phone and email support. From this experience, I have to say phone support is horrible and clueless.

But email support has been really good and knowledgeable. They did not assume I was an idiot!

Here is what worked for me, as recommended by email support:

1. turn on airplane mode
  2. turn off cell phone
  3. remove sim card
  4. Wait 5 min for the sim to refresh
  5. reinsert sim card
  6. turn on phone
  7. turn off airplane mode

I’m only getting some texts.  the ones i’m missing never come in.  I can’t have this happen.  I think it’s a mint issue since nobody seems to be using the same phones.

Userlevel 3

I’m only getting some texts.  the ones i’m missing never come in.  I can’t have this happen.  I think it’s a mint issue since nobody seems to be using the same phones.

Hello, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having a service issue. Please send us a DM with your phone number to review your account.

Hello - not sure if this is still happening to you or anyone else - but I regret signing up for the service - I’ve learned that MINT is updating to the 5G towers and during this process the text messages that I need  - the ones for work - for my job - to get paid - aren’t coming through - any text that have to do with two-party authentication are being blocked or in no mans land or maybe they are with Elon Musk and SpaceX?  Maybe he should start a cellphone company?  Or an alcohol company?

Have no information - ANYWHERE - about the change over and now - I’m stuck in this service that isn’t working - should have stayed with Sprint.  I should be happy that I get to pay for the Marketing messages that tell me nothing and do nothing for the current customers. 

I am so tired of paying companies that aren’t interested in solving the problems that cause - just as long as they get paid and I’m at the mercy of a corporation.  I trusted a friend and switched to this service - can’t wait until this is over.