Question

Where did all of my data go?

• 25 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Late last November, I tried out a free three-month 8GB trial with Mint. I really liked it, so when the trial ended last week I decided to buy a year of service (again, 8GB). Now that I have done that I am suddenly having an issue with data usage?

1. On Thursday, Feb 13 I received the following text from Mint: “You have used 80% of your 4G LTE data. Unlimited data will continue at slower speeds once all 4G LTE data has been used.” I did a lot of streaming during that month, so this was expected.
  2. On Thursday, Feb 20 my plan renewed. (From the email I received: “your new plan will actually start on 2/20/2020.”)
  3. Today, I received a text saying that I have used 100% of my 4G LTE and need to add more.
  4. Per my account summary, my monthly data should reset on 3/21.

According to my phone, I have only used about 800 MB since 2/20. What exactly is going on here? Where did all of that data go? Am I going to have to stop recommending Mint to people?

6 replies

I used 2.6 gb a month with t-mobile but I burn 12 gb in two weeks at Mint. So I don’t know where all those gb’s went but this is going to cost a small fortune at Mint. Something is wrong in how the burn thru all those gb’s.

I have the same problem. Never once went over - it’s been 7 days since the start of the month and now 6.5gb used (80%). My phone is only reporting 1gb of usage. Something is very wrong here on Mint’s side. We need this worked out and our data properly returned to us.

Userlevel 3

Late last November, I tried out a free three-month 8GB trial with Mint. I really liked it, so when the trial ended last week I decided to buy a year of service (again, 8GB). Now that I have done that I am suddenly having an issue with data usage?

1. On Thursday, Feb 13 I received the following text from Mint: “You have used 80% of your 4G LTE data. Unlimited data will continue at slower speeds once all 4G LTE data has been used.” I did a lot of streaming during that month, so this was expected.
  2. On Thursday, Feb 20 my plan renewed. (From the email I received: “your new plan will actually start on 2/20/2020.”)
  3. Today, I received a text saying that I have used 100% of my 4G LTE and need to add more.
  4. Per my account summary, my monthly data should reset on 3/21.

According to my phone, I have only used about 800 MB since 2/20. What exactly is going on here? Where did all of that data go? Am I going to have to stop recommending Mint to people?

Hello, I’ve sent you a DM to assist you as soon as possible.

Did anyone get a reply explaining the data discrepancy? Im new to mint this is my first momth and i got the message saying ive used 80% of my 4gbs of data which is impossible because of my stay at home order plus i work from home and leave the house once a week for groceries. I was really excited about this service after switching from verizon but i hope this is just a fluke cause ill be really disappointed if i have to switch. 

Mr. Reynolds, 

Do Canadians calculate data differently? I have the same issue. This month I’ve almost used up the 3gb of data, but my phone reports less than 400mb used. Due to quarantine, I am working from home and maybe using maps to drive to the store once a week, so I'm mostly constantly on WiFi and have not streamed any music or video in the past month. 

I had a 3gb plan on tmobile for years and rarely went over the cap including streaming music during my regular commute in the before-times. I realize tmobile did compress data on their side to save data use, but it’s still a surprising increase on Mint. 

Otherwise very happy with the service and coverage but it would be nice to know what’s up with the data. 

Cheers,

Userlevel 3

Mr. Reynolds, 

Do Canadians calculate data differently? I have the same issue. This month I’ve almost used up the 3gb of data, but my phone reports less than 400mb used. Due to quarantine, I am working from home and maybe using maps to drive to the store once a week, so I'm mostly constantly on WiFi and have not streamed any music or video in the past month. 

I had a 3gb plan on tmobile for years and rarely went over the cap including streaming music during my regular commute in the before-times. I realize tmobile did compress data on their side to save data use, but it’s still a surprising increase on Mint. 

Otherwise very happy with the service and coverage but it would be nice to know what’s up with the data. 

Cheers,

Hello, thanks for bringing this into our attention. Please send us a DM with your phone number to review your account.