Wish to add tablet to my account.  

Since Mint uses T-Mobile towers,

1. can I simply add the tablet, and;

2. Must I set something on the tablet?

3.  What else do I need to know? 

Thanks, Opera

icon

Best answer by mskoolest 9 February 2020, 01:24

Awesome! We love to see the Mint Mobile family expanding and growing. In regards to your question…

If your tablet is “wifi only,” no, it cannot be added to Mint Mobile or any other carrier as it can only connect to wifi and not to mobile towers. If your tablet is one that allows you to use it with a carrier, you can use it with carriers that offer “data only plans” but from my understanding, Mint Mobile does not. I think your best option would be to increase the data allotment on your mobile device and use it as a hotspot for your tablet.

View original

1 reply

Awesome! We love to see the Mint Mobile family expanding and growing. In regards to your question…

If your tablet is “wifi only,” no, it cannot be added to Mint Mobile or any other carrier as it can only connect to wifi and not to mobile towers. If your tablet is one that allows you to use it with a carrier, you can use it with carriers that offer “data only plans” but from my understanding, Mint Mobile does not. I think your best option would be to increase the data allotment on your mobile device and use it as a hotspot for your tablet.