Solved

Mint Mobile in Vanuatu

• 21 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Does Mint mobile work in Vanuatu? I’ll be there for about four months and am trying to figure out the cheapest & most reliable way to get service. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Treker2 22 January 2020, 16:05

Sounds as if cell coverage is pretty spotty even with local carriers:

There are two mobile phone providers in Vanuatu; TVL and Digicel. Mobile phone coverage is pretty good throughout Vanuatu if you are near a large village. If you want the best chance to have a working mobile phone and Internet while cruising in Vanuatu, consider getting both a Digicel and a TVL SIM card.

2. The smartphone, tablet or USB key must have the 3G WCDMA Band 8 (900 MHz E-GSM) (Normal for Australia, New Zealand and Europe - not for US or Japanese phones).

You better see if your phone even supports the bands there, I would just get a disposable phone there, they don’t even have 4G yet.

View original

1 reply

Sounds as if cell coverage is pretty spotty even with local carriers:

There are two mobile phone providers in Vanuatu; TVL and Digicel. Mobile phone coverage is pretty good throughout Vanuatu if you are near a large village. If you want the best chance to have a working mobile phone and Internet while cruising in Vanuatu, consider getting both a Digicel and a TVL SIM card.

2. The smartphone, tablet or USB key must have the 3G WCDMA Band 8 (900 MHz E-GSM) (Normal for Australia, New Zealand and Europe - not for US or Japanese phones).

You better see if your phone even supports the bands there, I would just get a disposable phone there, they don’t even have 4G yet.