Solved

UNLOCK FROM SIMPLE MOBILE

• 14 February 2020
  • 2 replies

I just bought a new in the box, unregistered, unused I6S Plus.  The IMEI has never been used on I Cloud  and it is not on Apples black list.  How can I get it unlocked so I can use it on Mint Mobile ?

icon

Best answer by Treker2 14 February 2020, 13:38

If it is Simple Mobile’s phone then only they can issue you an unlock code( which try probably won’t do). You can go 3rd party unlock services but they are really questionable, also if you factory reset the phone in the future it could lock down again. Hope you got it for a good price, you have some work ahead of you.

View original

2 replies

If it is Simple Mobile’s phone then only they can issue you an unlock code( which try probably won’t do). You can go 3rd party unlock services but they are really questionable, also if you factory reset the phone in the future it could lock down again. Hope you got it for a good price, you have some work ahead of you.

Thanks Treker.  I am learning that the online unlock services are not so good. Many of them have more 1 star ratings than 5 star on Trust Pilot. Some folks have been waiting 2-3 mo. And the unlock folks will not respond to their emails or refund them.  I tried a HeliCard and it didn’t work. The card got stuck in the slot and took hours of delicate work with dissection tools to remove it. I don’t recommend buying a locked phone. And no. Simple  Mobile will not unlock it until it’s been activated and used in their network for 1 Year. The