Question

Android to iphone, messages going to sim cardless phone

• 3 May 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently switched from an android (pixel 3a) to iphone (iphone SE 2020) and weird enough my pixel phone still gets messages from one of my contacts. I can’t respond to them via the pixel but I can with the iphone. These messages don’t come up on my iphone. I got two of their messages on the iphone to appear when I was away from the android but when I’m near it, the android receives the messages. they told me that their messages appear in different colors when it was sent to iphone. I suspect that I need might to turn off my pixel to stop that but I fear I’d miss messages from them. How do I fix that?

in short: switched from android to iphone. Android has no sim but receiving messages from 1 of my contacts that don’t appear on my iphone. How do I stop this?

1 reply

Userlevel 3

I recently switched from an android (pixel 3a) to iphone (iphone SE 2020) and weird enough my pixel phone still gets messages from one of my contacts. I can’t respond to them via the pixel but I can with the iphone. These messages don’t come up on my iphone. I got two of their messages on the iphone to appear when I was away from the android but when I’m near it, the android receives the messages. they told me that their messages appear in different colors when it was sent to iphone. I suspect that I need might to turn off my pixel to stop that but I fear I’d miss messages from them. How do I fix that?

in short: switched from android to iphone. Android has no sim but receiving messages from 1 of my contacts that don’t appear on my iphone. How do I stop this?

Hello, we completely understand your case. So please, follow the steps below in order to see if that helps to solve the issue:

1. From a Home screen, swipe up to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings > System. > Advanced.
  3. Tap Reset options.
  4. Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
  5. Tap Reset settings. If prompted, enter the PIN, password, or pattern.
  6. If prompted, tap Reset settings to confirm.