Question

Apple Watch GPS -- not cellular

• 25 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Should the Apple Watch GPS version (to be clear, not the cellular one that I know most MVNO’s aren’t able to support) be able to send text messages on Mint? I just got one and the watch works just fine outside of being unable to send SMS. It stalls every time and can’t send messages to any phone numbers/contacts I try.

I should mentioned I’ve gone through Apple’s support process multiple times, inclusive of everything they’ve suggested, to no avail. Not sure at this point if it’s a watch issue, or if it’s a network compatibility issue, and everything I can find about the watch talks about the cellular version which I know isn’t supported.

Thanks.

3 replies

Sykosis - Did you find answer to your question? I am experiencing the same issues.

Userlevel 3

Sykosis - Did you find answer to your question? I am experiencing the same issues.

Please note that the Smart Watches are not supported on our network. However, we cannot guarantee that they will work perfectly as a smartphone does. In this case, please send us a DM with your phone number to review your account. Thank you!

Userlevel 3

Should the Apple Watch GPS version (to be clear, not the cellular one that I know most MVNO’s aren’t able to support) be able to send text messages on Mint? I just got one and the watch works just fine outside of being unable to send SMS. It stalls every time and can’t send messages to any phone numbers/contacts I try.

I should mentioned I’ve gone through Apple’s support process multiple times, inclusive of everything they’ve suggested, to no avail. Not sure at this point if it’s a watch issue, or if it’s a network compatibility issue, and everything I can find about the watch talks about the cellular version which I know isn’t supported.

Thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I've sent you a private message to get more information on the issue that you’re experiencing.