Solved

Call ends before it begins when calling landline

• 7 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Whenever I call my home phone (landline), it hangs up as soon as it starts ringing. What should I do? I have a Moto G Play with Android version 7.1.1, security patch level June 1, 2018.

icon

Best answer by Mint Mobile Cares 23 February 2020, 00:18

I’ll do some research on how to get more recent security updates. Thanks. More info on my situation: From my perspective, with the cell phone with Mint Mobile, it looks like it’s about to connect and then drops. From the landline’s perspective, it keeps ringing for a while, but as soon as it is answered, there is no connection. My son, also on Mint Mobile, is able to call the landline just fine with a different Motorola phone. Maybe this is an issue with the phone and not with Mint Mobile, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a service issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

View original

3 replies

Not sure what the problem would be but your security updates are way behind, like 18 months.

I’ll do some research on how to get more recent security updates. Thanks. More info on my situation: From my perspective, with the cell phone with Mint Mobile, it looks like it’s about to connect and then drops. From the landline’s perspective, it keeps ringing for a while, but as soon as it is answered, there is no connection. My son, also on Mint Mobile, is able to call the landline just fine with a different Motorola phone. Maybe this is an issue with the phone and not with Mint Mobile, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Userlevel 3

Hi! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a service issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.