Question

How do I setup Voice Mail?

• 2 April 2020
  • 2 replies

I just started with Mint.  I called my mint number and was prompted to enter my password.  BUT I never setup a voicemail password.  Is there a default voicemail password?  I can’t find any documentation on voicemail on their site. 

I do not have wifi calling turned on. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3

I just started with Mint.  I called my mint number and was prompted to enter my password.  BUT I never setup a voicemail password.  Is there a default voicemail password?  I can’t find any documentation on voicemail on their site. 

I do not have wifi calling turned on. 

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us!
If you're still unable to use the voicemail feature in your device, we suggest trying to disable the WiFi calling feature on your Mint Mobile account online as well as on your device's settings, then resetting the voicemail by dialing #793# on your device keypad.
After that process, please try to make a test call and leave a voicemail from a different device to your phone number to check how it works.
In case it doesn't work, please let us know and kindly send us a screenshot showing your device's network settings, so that we can further troubleshoot.

I had the same problem on ios but the problem is just crappy UI design from Apple. The first time you launch voicemail on ios it asks for a passcode, but is what you are doing is setting the passcode, not entering one that was previously set. That’s entirely unclear from the UI. So type in a four digit number, then it’ll ask you to confirm the number, and then in you go to voicemail transcription.