Question

How to block a number?

• 18 June 2018
  • 5 replies

How to block a number from calling me?
I cannot find anywhere under my account to block a number. I have this spam bot number that keeps calling every 1-2 hours and I cannot find anywhere in my account to block it.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
For Android phones:

Open the Phone app.

1) Tap the 3-dot icon (top-right corner).
2) Select “Settings.”
3) Select “Call Blocking”
4) Tap "add a number" and add the numbers you want blocked.

Or:

1) Tap the call history icon (looks like a clock)
2) Find and tap the number you want to block
3) Tap "Call details"
4) Tap "block number"

With I phones, there is something similar: in the phone app under recents you find the number and tap (i), then scroll down and tap "block this number"
I've already checked all those, there is no blocking option within the app (it is Android 6.0.1) nor the system settings, which is why I need to block it from the mintmobile account side.
Userlevel 2
Try this:

1. Open the Android Marshmallow phone dialer app.
  2. Go to the Recents tab.
  3. Locate the number you want to block.
  4. Long press the entry for the number.
  5. Tap Block Number.
  6. When prompted, tap Block.
If that doesn't work, you will have to call Mint's phone help line. The Mint moderator seems to only check this forum occasionally. Meanwhile you could add a contact with that number, save the contact, then tap the edit symbol (that looks like a pencil), then hit the three dots in the upper right corner, then check "send all calls to voicemail". At least your phone won't ring that way. Good luck.
Userlevel 3
If worse comes to worse, you can also save the number in your contacts and assign a silent ringtone so you won't be bothered.

You can also install a third-party app such as Should I Answer? which blocks a lot of spam calls (it's based on crowdsourcing anti-spam reviews). You can also outright block phone numbers from within that app as well.
Userlevel 4
Badge
How to block a number from calling me?
I cannot find anywhere under my account to block a number. I have this spam bot number that keeps calling every 1-2 hours and I cannot find anywhere in my account to block it.

Hello, Mint Mobile cannot block any phone numbers from calling. Generally, it can be done through device settings or if you want to block unwanted calls, you can list your number on the Do Not Call Registry.