Question

Intermittent "SIM not provisioned for voice" notification

• 15 January 2020
  • 9 replies

New user, have been with service about a week. It seems to resolve within a few minutes, just annoying when service works 99% of the time. It does this even at home when wifi calling is on and wifi is solid. If I power cycle phone it resolves, but obviously I don't want to do that several times daily. Help!

9 replies

Edited to add: Not sure if this is relevant but this is occurring on 2 new lines of service. It was part of the Black Friday deal - 3 mos 12 GB for $45. We had to wait to activate SIMS until we were off plan with Verizon.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Calyn007,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as this is a very rare case. We’ve sent you a private message requesting your account information so we can see where this issue is coming from.

Thank you.

Mint Mobile

Hi! My SIM is now coming up “Not registered on network". Just an update.

I've checked my APN settings again and all is setup per Mint page.

The only additional settings I have under those listed are:

APN Protocol: IPv4

APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

APN turned off/on: APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified

Mobile virtual network operator type: none

Mobile virtual network operator value: not

Forgot to add, still getting “not registered on network" error and can't make calls.

Things I've tried:

1. Powered off the phone, took out the SIM. put back in/repeated and ensured it was secure. Result: Not fixed. Initially it seemed to make a call but no ring on either the cell earpiece nor did it ring through to the phone I was calling (landline).
  2. It's not the phone. I was able to make/receive calls and text/MMS/receive voicemails until I posted about the intermittent “SIM not provisioned for voice" earlier today.
  3. Whatever tech support did made things exponentially worse. See the no network issue.

I'm really trying to have patience but we're going into hour 6 on this issue and the other line I referred to in my DM is having the exact same problem.

Waiting on replacement SIM cards, thanks. Hoping that fixes things. Will update when I get them.

So here is the update.

Got the SIMs, installed over this past weekend. The “SIM not provisioned for voice” seems to ping about once a day now, instead of multiple times, so, improvement.

However…

Having a problem with wifi handing over to mobile data. It seems like many others have the same problem, refer to:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mintmobile/comments/ep4yu6/mint_mobile_issues_regarding_datacalls/

And I think there were some on this forum, but I’m not searching for them atm.

This data handover presents a problem, since we rely on googlemaps for work and things just aren’t working right. Powering the phone on and off multiple times to tease the data connection is not my idea of a good time. I really want this to work, but it seems as though either this service is 100% out of the box for people, or there are those like me that have these nagging issues that unfortunately make things unworkable.

As much as the voice part seems solid, the data issue is a killer for me.

Unless there is some other alternative (I am willing to give this one last go), I’m not sure this will work for me/us (2 lines).

I have also experimented with a couple different APN settings with no improvement.

I should mention both phones are Samsung Galaxy S9s, both unlocked SM-G960U1. CDMA and  GSM full band capable.