Question

issues of receiving/making calls and no wifi-calling

• 3 April 2020
  • 5 replies

I switched from Sprint to Mint last December. I tried all the instructions but wifi calling doesn't work, likely because my Galaxy S7 was originally bought from Sprint. Recently I start working from home due to the coronavirus, and rely more on my mobile phone. Then I realized that people often have trouble calling me and I have trouble making calls too (the phone attempts to call, then just ends quickly by itself). I often have to enable airplane mode and then disable it, to refresh the connection. Even the successful calls take like 10 seconds to get connected. All these issues makes it basically unusable. Is there any solution to this? I prepaid 12 months, so I still have 8 months left. Is it possible to return and get a prorated refund?

5 replies

It is more a T-Mobile issue, I left T-Mobile as a post-paid customer in the last week of February this year to try Mint Mobile. The same issues I had with WiFi calling are on T-Mobile and Mint also, so are the lost or late texts, missed calls, and having to reboot phone so I can call out.

I likely won’t renew when the 3 month trial is up, might just go back to T-Mobile for their new $15/mo. Prepaid Plan

Or maybe even go to AT&T or Verizon for service

Userlevel 3

I switched from Sprint to Mint last December. I tried all the instructions but wifi calling doesn't work, likely because my Galaxy S7 was originally bought from Sprint. Recently I start working from home due to the coronavirus, and rely more on my mobile phone. Then I realized that people often have trouble calling me and I have trouble making calls too (the phone attempts to call, then just ends quickly by itself). I often have to enable airplane mode and then disable it, to refresh the connection. Even the successful calls take like 10 seconds to get connected. All these issues makes it basically unusable. Is there any solution to this? I prepaid 12 months, so I still have 8 months left. Is it possible to return and get a prorated refund?

Hi, I’m sorry to hear that you’re facing a service issue. I’ve sent you a DM to assist you as soon as possible.

I am having this same issue with my iPhone. Intermittently I can’t make or recieve calls/texts.  I either try to close out the phone app and re-open it, disconnect and then reconnect to wifi, or completely turn the phone off and back on.  This happens multiple times a day.  I am fairly uninformed on the matter but I think it may be related to when my phone is switching to a Wifi network as opposed to cell towers.  I am a healthcare worker and if people cannot get in touch with me its a real problem.  Mint is a great value but will not be able to re-new if this continues to be an issue.  Also, doesn’t really help that I am unable to find a number for customer service representative to call about this issue.  

“Mint is a great value but will not be able to re-new if this continues to be an issue.“

I won’t be renewing either as my phone working at all times is also a necessity, Going back to T-Mobile but not as a post paid customer this time.

Trying T-Mobiles new pre-paid plans they have 2GB+Text+Calls for $15 and 5GB+Text+Calls for $25 a month and you don’t have to buy in bulk for these prices.

If I still have troubles on T-Mobile service with their “Flagship Smartphone” (OnePlus 7T Pro 5G) then it’s time for AT&T or Verizon...

Well “Mint could Care less” your days are numbered!

Just ordered AT&T prepaid $15/mo. plan, so in a few days Mint will be history.

T-Mobile had issues when I was post paid, and Mint has those same issues and more!

Originally I blamed my non-T-Mobile phone for the issues but then bought T-Mobile’s best phone they offered. Guess what still had the same issues of “Lucky when it worked WiFi Calling”, “Lost or delayed texts, SMS picture sending issues”, and having to power cycle my phone to be able to receive or place calls.

Done with T-Mobile and any of it’s MVNO’s like Mint.

See ya’ later, good riddance!