Question

MMS not working

• 30 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, I’ve been using Mint for about 2 weeks.  Everything has been working great until yesterday.  All of sudden, MMS (pictures and group messages) will not work.  Called cust service 3 times.  Each time they gave me a different suggestion, but nothing has worked. 

Suggestion 1:  Remove sim card, restart, wait 5 min, insert sim, should work.  Did not work.

Suggestion 2:  Claimed issue was related to Mint moving to 5G.  Had me change network to 3G instead of LTE.  Representative said they were going to reset something on my account.  Had me restart and it should be fixed.  Did not work.

Suggestion 3:  Had me delete the preferred APN.  Provided me with the settings to create a new one.  Had me restart and it should work.  Did not work.

Cust Service has been friendly and helpful.  And I’m a patient person, but this is starting to get frustrating.  Seems there have been many other posts about MMS issues.  Wondering if Mint is focused on finding an overall solution to this problem?  And if they will (maybe they have already?) communicate this to their customers, to reassure them it is a priority?

#RyanWillFixThis

4 replies

MMS works here, may have something to do with your account that Mint needs to fix/reset. I doubt very seriously that Mint is moving to 5G, they are too much of a budget service.

Userlevel 3

Hello, I’ve been using Mint for about 2 weeks.  Everything has been working great until yesterday.  All of sudden, MMS (pictures and group messages) will not work.  Called cust service 3 times.  Each time they gave me a different suggestion, but nothing has worked. 

Suggestion 1:  Remove sim card, restart, wait 5 min, insert sim, should work.  Did not work.

Suggestion 2:  Claimed issue was related to Mint moving to 5G.  Had me change network to 3G instead of LTE.  Representative said they were going to reset something on my account.  Had me restart and it should be fixed.  Did not work.

Suggestion 3:  Had me delete the preferred APN.  Provided me with the settings to create a new one.  Had me restart and it should work.  Did not work.

Cust Service has been friendly and helpful.  And I’m a patient person, but this is starting to get frustrating.  Seems there have been many other posts about MMS issues.  Wondering if Mint is focused on finding an overall solution to this problem?  And if they will (maybe they have already?) communicate this to their customers, to reassure them it is a priority?

#RyanWillFixThis

Hi! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a service issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

I’m also having similar issues with MMS texts after having tried resetting network settings, changing APNs, changing texting apps, etc. Is there a fix? Please advise.

Userlevel 3

I’m also having similar issues with MMS texts after having tried resetting network settings, changing APNs, changing texting apps, etc. Is there a fix? Please advise.

Hello, I’m sorry to hear that you’re having MMS issues. Please send us a DM with your phone number to review your account.