Solved

MMS Not working on Android on Samsung S7

• 15 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Good afternoon,

I recently switched from Sprint to Mint. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android.  

I updated the APN configuration per the Mint documentation and have triple checked it.  I have mobile data selected.  I can receive pictures over text but I cannot send pictures nor can I send in a group text.  Other than this I have been very happy with Mint and certainly like the price compared to Sprint.  Has any one out their worked through this issue?  I would love to keep the service but this is a serious limitation for me.

Thank you, Tim

icon

Best answer by Mint Mobile Cares 25 February 2020, 21:34

Good afternoon,

I recently switched from Sprint to Mint. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 running Android.  

I updated the APN configuration per the Mint documentation and have triple checked it.  I have mobile data selected.  I can receive pictures over text but I cannot send pictures nor can I send in a group text.  Other than this I have been very happy with Mint and certainly like the price compared to Sprint.  Has any one out their worked through this issue?  I would love to keep the service but this is a serious limitation for me.

Thank you, Tim

Hi! sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.

View original

6 replies

Here’s the fix: install and set as default Google’s free Messages app...that fixed my no send/receive MMS on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5...apparently, the default/native Messaging app on Samsung devices from Sprint won’t work (MMS, that is) with any of the 3 different APN configurations, but works perfectly with the Google Messages app (free from the PlayStore). And is VERY similar in terms of look and feel. Hope this helps !

Hello,  I’m in the third month of 3-month initial package.  I’m considering moving on to some other company because of this issue.  It is quite inconvenient.  I have no intention to replace my phone any time soon.  Any fix for this issue on Samsung S7?  

Also, is this a limitation on all phones?  If so, I’m definitely dropping your service.  

Please advise.

I have a Samsung S7 and have been on Mint for almost two years now, I think.  MMS is working for me, but I recall it wasn’t the easiest to get it set up.  I can look back at my settings if you’re still trying to figure it out.

Ditto --- except mine (Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that was fine on Sprint for 3+ years) neither sends nor receives MMS here on Mint since I switched 3 days ago...tried everything as suggested by the private DM’s received last night (Mint Mobile Cares), and now no more responses...did you get resolution yet ?

Hello,  I’m in the third month of 3-month initial package.  I’m considering moving on to some other company because of this issue.  It is quite inconvenient.  I have no intention to replace my phone any time soon.  Any fix for this issue on Samsung S7?  

Also, is this a limitation on all phones?  If so, I’m definitely dropping your service.  

Please advise.

Hello, I seem to be having exactly the same problem. Any update or solution?

Userlevel 3

Good afternoon,

Thank you, Tim

Hi! sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.