Solved

new number

• 4 February 2020
  • 2 replies

How do I change my Mint number to a new number from a second cell phone I have?

icon

Best answer by mskoolest 9 February 2020, 01:56

Does the second number already exist with Mint Mobile or will you be porting it in from another carrier?

According to Mint Mobile’s FAQs, they only allow a number to be ported from another carrier during activation. (I think that is so that Mint Mobile does not have to purchase so many numbers - saving them money).

The only way I can think of, to get around their rule, is when it is time to refill your account, don’t. Instead order a new sim card, start a new Mint Mobile account, port in your second number from the carrier it is currently with to Mint Mobile. 

View original

2 replies

Are you asking to swap numbers from one you have access already? I say you would need to contact mint customer support.

Does the second number already exist with Mint Mobile or will you be porting it in from another carrier?

According to Mint Mobile’s FAQs, they only allow a number to be ported from another carrier during activation. (I think that is so that Mint Mobile does not have to purchase so many numbers - saving them money).

The only way I can think of, to get around their rule, is when it is time to refill your account, don’t. Instead order a new sim card, start a new Mint Mobile account, port in your second number from the carrier it is currently with to Mint Mobile.