Solved

Receiving texts internationally without adding credit

• 13 November 2018
  • 3 replies

I need to receive some text messages while abroad, but I don't want to add international credit to my account because I won't need to send any, or make/receive calls. Is that possible? I've been abroad for a few weeks now, and I know I've had texts sent to my number, but I haven't received any.
icon

Best answer by RoyceWashington 13 November 2018, 17:17

Unfortunately if you want to roam you'll need to add credit to your account. Let us know if you have any questions.
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Unfortunately if you want to roam you'll need to add credit to your account. Let us know if you have any questions.
No worries, thanks for letting me know! I wasn't sure whether there may have been some other problem. I mainly just didn't want to add credit if it wasn't going to work haha.

Anyway yeah I added $5 to my roaming balance and restarted my phone, and I got a tsunami of texts through. Thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge
No worries, thanks for letting me know! I wasn't sure whether there may have been some other problem. I mainly just didn't want to add credit if it wasn't going to work haha.

Anyway yeah I added $5 to my roaming balance and restarted my phone, and I got a tsunami of texts through. Thanks!

No problem!