Solved

SMS blocking??

• 31 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Since my original unanswered question was obviously too long, I’ll make it short:

Is there any way to stop spam sms from a particular area code?  I get the same exact sms from different numbers daily, but the area code is always the same.  Actually, 3 area codes to be exact, but different 7 numbers afterwards.  Each one has been blocked & reported, but it just...won’t...stop!  This has been going on since June of last year.

Android 7 used to have this capability, but that’s long gone.  Any suggestions or apps?  Pixel 2 XL Android 10.

icon

Best answer by mskoolest 9 February 2020, 01:08

Hi! I am glad to hear that the spam messages have stopped in the last week. There are no needs in the phone that allows you to block a specific area code, only an entire mobile number. However, you maybe able to set your phone so that you can only receive calls/text from specific numbers. 

At this time, I do not know of any apps that allow you to do what you are requesting but with apps being updated and created every day, my general knowledge maybe a little outdated.

View original

2 replies

Okay, since nobody here has responded to my past two questions, I just wanted the community to know that the SMS spam is no longer an issue.  I have not received a message once from that entity for a week now!  Or should I say that I have not received ANY  spam for a week.  So nice to not hear the message tone chime at the same time Every!  Single!  Day!

Hi! I am glad to hear that the spam messages have stopped in the last week. There are no needs in the phone that allows you to block a specific area code, only an entire mobile number. However, you maybe able to set your phone so that you can only receive calls/text from specific numbers. 

At this time, I do not know of any apps that allow you to do what you are requesting but with apps being updated and created every day, my general knowledge maybe a little outdated.