Question

Unable send MMS photos while WIFI is turned, using Samsung S7

• 22 March 2020
  • 2 replies

I  have a Galaxy S7 (vintage Virgin Mobile VM) and I recently joined Mint Mobile. With my WIFI on, I’m unable to send or receive MMS photos nor can I send or receive group texting. I have checked my APN settings and they’re all as specified by Mint Mobile. Previously with VM, I had no problems sending MMS photos or engaging in group texting. I have two questions.

1.- How can I fix my problem?

2.- I did an internet search and someone was suggesting using Chomp SMS for messaging as a solution to my problem.  Since had never heard of Chomp before, could an experienced user comment about its validity as a messenger. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3

I  have a Galaxy S7 (vintage Virgin Mobile VM) and I recently joined Mint Mobile. With my WIFI on, I’m unable to send or receive MMS photos nor can I send or receive group texting. I have checked my APN settings and they’re all as specified by Mint Mobile. Previously with VM, I had no problems sending MMS photos or engaging in group texting. I have two questions.

1.- How can I fix my problem?

2.- I did an internet search and someone was suggesting using Chomp SMS for messaging as a solution to my problem.  Since had never heard of Chomp before, could an experienced user comment about its validity as a messenger. 

Hello, I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with the MMS. Can you please confirm if you are able to send MMS using the mobile data? Thanks.

Yes, I can send/receive MMS messages. Additionally everything else (send/receive text photos and group texting) works when I have my WIFI turned off. By the way, I haven’t fiddled around with my “Mobile Data” has been on the whole time.