Question

Unable to Send Group MMS to Mix of Android and iPhones

• 27 February 2020
  • 3 replies

I am able to receive but not send group MMS messages.

I have tried resetting the network settings and re-entering the APN information - neither resolved the issue.  Individual SMS messages back and forth to either iPhones or Androids work fine.

For reference my phone in an Android Pixel 3a running Android 10.

Can you help? 

3 replies

Having a lot of issues with group texts.  They initially come in as texts from individual users, although the text will say “unable to download” or “tap to download.”  Some group texts eventually come through, although most don’t.  Not sure how to resolve this.  Help! 

Same issue.  When I try to send group text, my recipients receive individual messages and when family tries to send a group text including me, I get an individual message.  I tried to resolve with Mint Mobile, and technical support said my phone doesn’t use the correct bands and frequencies.  He said my probs would be solved if I bought a phone from Mint Mobile’s website, but when I got there I found my phone model listed on the website (Galaxy A11).  I’m thinking of trying an mms app.  Because these Android APN settings haven’t resolved the issue:  https://www.mintmobile.com/setup-for-android/

Userlevel 3

I am able to receive but not send group MMS messages.

I have tried resetting the network settings and re-entering the APN information - neither resolved the issue.  Individual SMS messages back and forth to either iPhones or Androids work fine.

For reference my phone in an Android Pixel 3a running Android 10.

Can you help? 

Hi! so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I've sent you a DM requesting some information to assist you as soon as possible.