Solved

Voicemail App

• 20 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Is there a good Visual Voicemail App or regular VoiceMail App to use with Mint Mobile ?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Regeone 23 May 2020, 01:08

YouMail used to work well for me, but now I’m using Wi-Fi calling due to being located outside of cellular coverage and now almost all my calls go direct to YouMail rather than ringing the phone first.  That seems to be an issue on Mint Mobile’s end rather than YouMail, though.  In any case, the troubleshooters at YouMail can’t figure out why it’s happening.  

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Is there a good Visual Voicemail App or regular VoiceMail App to use with Mint Mobile ?

Thank you.

Hello, thanks for reaching out. At the moment we don’t have a specific app for Visual Voicemail due to the fact that this feature is only available for Apple devices on our network, but, most of our Android users use YouMail app.

I use YouMail and it's been working great with Mint Mobile. It also blocks spam callers 😺

I installed YouMail, on my Samsung A50. I have it about a week now and it works very good. Does a good job of blocking the spammers.  Also, it sends voicemail to your email. Very happy  with it, and Thank you recommending it.

YouMail used to work well for me, but now I’m using Wi-Fi calling due to being located outside of cellular coverage and now almost all my calls go direct to YouMail rather than ringing the phone first.  That seems to be an issue on Mint Mobile’s end rather than YouMail, though.  In any case, the troubleshooters at YouMail can’t figure out why it’s happening.  

Userlevel 3

Hello, thanks for reaching out, In order to be able to verify your account, please send me a DM with your phone number.

I have been using Voxist with Mint for several months. Their free plan has no ads. I like the fact that they are a French company, which means that they are subject to stricter privacy laws than YouMail, which is a U.S. company.

The free plan allows 10 voicemail transcriptions per month. You can either just read the transcriptions or play them if you want to hear them. After the 10th call in a month, you no longer get transcriptions, but you can still play the messages from the list in the app, which is faster than calling Mint’s voicemail and navigating by pressing keys. I receive very few voicemails, so I am using the free plan.

The paid options ($5/month or $10/month) provide more transcriptions per month, service on more than one telephone line, and the possibility of transcribing messages in more than one language.

And support is great. Instead of navigating through menus or filing out web forms, you just send an e-mail to support@voxist.com and get an intelligent answer the next day—not bad for a free service!